+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1% Pay Rise to the NHS

1% Pay Rise to the NHS

I can see why they are furious - it's pathetic for what they have done! No wonder the NHS is a complete mess!

Can't see why they have not sold the vaccine at quite a high price - take the pressure and cost away from the NHS to those who can afford it!

The government therefore should tell the local councils to go f ook themselves if council tax increases above 1% or the rate of inflation ( whatever is lower ). Government should have also told the BBC to stick their licence fee right up their backsides and do what every other channel does - seek sponsors/advertising. As it is, all we get is raving queers on their channel and their own political agenda!

Still annoys me how NHS car parking is free in Scotland as well as university fees where in this country you are robbed blind. On that note what has Boris done for those university kids trying to improve their prospects - fees/accommodation which they have not lived in? F uck all! The greedy universities should have been told to pay up!!!

Start getting tough Boris! What have you done so far too on Immigration or are we still talking months and months later about a points system?

NHS parking has been free everywhere for the last year I believe.

I agree that a 1% rise seems pretty paltry but it’s only fair to remember the number of newly unemployed people and business owners who’ve gone bust and those about to go during 2021.

The thing that really annoys me is reading today of Carrie’s supposed £200k redecoration bill for Number 10!

This is completely unacceptable but of course it’s par for the course with the new incumbents.

The last time I paid for my two bedroomed holiday apartment to be decorated from top to bottom over it’s two floors it cost me around £2500 which I thought was a lot.

There should be a strict budget of no more than £20k for each new PM and if it comes to more than that they should pay it themselves.

These people make themselves look stupid and out of touch spending such ludicrous amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    NHS parking has been free everywhere for the last year I believe.

I agree that a 1% rise seems pretty paltry but it’s only fair to remember the number of newly unemployed people and business owners who’ve gone bust and those about to go during 2021.

The thing that really annoys me is reading today of Carrie’s supposed £200k redecoration bill for Number 10!

This is completely unacceptable but of course it’s par for the course with the new incumbents.

The last time I paid for my two bedroomed holiday apartment to be decorated from top to bottom over it’s two floors it cost me around £2500 which I thought was a lot.

There should be a strict budget of no more than £20k for each new PM and if it comes to more than that they should pay it themselves.

These people make themselves look stupid and out of touch spending such ludicrous amounts.

You have to pay again at most NHS hospitals Mick and incredible how NHS staff have to pay monthly car parking charges as well - not all places have side streets and they could be a very long walk away.

I get the point about businesses re the 1% but then central government should demand councils do not increase council tax bills by more than 1%. Can’t have it both ways!

Yes, giving all NHS staff free parking for work would be akin to a pay rise; it’s criminal how much nurses, porters et al have to pay to park just to work at the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Yes, giving all NHS staff free parking for work would be akin to a pay rise; it’s criminal how much nurses, porters et al have to pay to park just to work at the hospital.

That’s my point Ketts - it’s a complete scandal and all they have received is a stupid clap and temporary free parking - what a joke! Maybe all the NHS staff should have all asked to be furloughed whilst the rest of the country sat on their backsides collecting their wage for doing nothing!

Controversial yes but I would also question why those on maybe 150k a year plus should even be allowed to use the NHS for free. Why don’t they use private medical insurance? So a footballer on 50 grand a week can drain the NHS resource - does not seem right to me. Likewise some who are minted or inherit millions can still take the state pension as well as their private pension - question that too! There was a lottery winner who won many millions and the greedy t wat still collected his state pension. Incredible!! Most with any degree of decency would have donated it.

I always insist my young one puts some of her pocket money to a local hospice or cancer research - she wants to do this anyway and for me that instills kindness!

The thing is many, many working class have had to cut their cloth to suit the times they find themselves in. Low paid workers who are already struggling and are now out of work would likely be more than content to remain employed with the offer of a 1% pay rise.

I can only thank our health services for the service they have provided throughout the pandemic but to use the pandemic the pandemic as a stick to demand a 12.5% increase in pay is a little hard for those who no longer have work or an income, is perhaps a little difficult to swallow.

Having an opinion on politics, religion, political correctness and being and expert in so many fields is wonderful if you can accept the reality of ones own silliness

The reality is, as a nation one should realise everyone is a small cog in a big wheel. Many people give generously to charity because they want to and do that without having to shout about it. Many others work tirelessly throughout the pandemic, some for longer hours than normal for no extra, just to keep the wheels of industry turning. Now might not be the time to make a point. Now is a time for sticking together and getting through this. The pandemic has cost the UK and Governments globally billions and someone has to pay. It is going to take a joint effort, not just one wealthy lottery winner. Everyone is in this together.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 05-03-2021 at 09:17 PM.

1% Absolutely Disgraceful ,

Didn’t all MPs have a pay rise quite recently? An independent review was done to award them the rise? I can’t remember what actually happened in the end. But if they did get it, then this 1% is disgraceful.
    Chances of Boris telling those nurses who looked after him during his Covid that they ain’t getting a rise, fat boris chance. Yet we award contracts worth billions to dildo and co and employ a 100 year old former veteran to raise money for the nhs. Slap for carers more like.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Didn’t all MPs have a pay rise quite recently? An independent review was done to award them the rise? I can’t remember what actually happened in the end. But if they did get it, then this 1% is disgraceful.
    Chances of Boris telling those nurses who looked after him during his Covid that they ain’t getting a rise, fat boris chance. Yet we award contracts worth billions to dildo and co and employ a 100 year old former veteran to raise money for the nhs. Slap for carers more like.

Well said Regis and bang on!

I agree give anyone who has kept working through the pandemic 12.5 % and let those who have lost their jobs suffer in silence. Good job through the world wars that that kind of spirit did not exist. Bragging about how good you are with other peoples money and life style is a credible trait in some peoples mind.

Stick together and work through atrocities is better than division. United a counrty stands divided it will fall. Narrow minded people etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)