+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Charlie Allen

Charlie Allen

Just flicked through the U23 game and Charlie Allen was playing in CM - still young only just 17 but looks a proper player - controlled the midfield

Allen, McKinstry and Dean all very young in our attack and look like they all could do the business.

Add to that the potential with Gelhardt, Drameh, Kenneh, Greenwood and some others we have quite a few who could step up. If even just one or two can make it that would be brilliant.

Really hope we can get one of our genuine youth products into the first team, love that we have these signed players in our youth set up like Gelhardt, Greenwood and Drameh but always nice to see a kid who has been here since they were 10/11 make it to the first team. Someone like Kenneh, Huggins or Cresswell and I don't mean just a few appearances, I mean really break into the team and get 4/5 starts before end of season.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Allen, McKinstry and Dean all very young in our attack and look like they all could do the business.

Add to that the potential with Gelhardt, Drameh, Kenneh, Greenwood and some others we have quite a few who could step up. If even just one or two can make it that would be brilliant.

Really hope we can get one of our genuine youth products into the first team, love that we have these signed players in our youth set up like Gelhardt, Greenwood and Drameh but always nice to see a kid who has been here since they were 10/11 make it to the first team. Someone like Kenneh, Huggins or Cresswell and I don't mean just a few appearances, I mean really break into the team and get 4/5 starts before end of season.
    Totally.

Agree that Dean looks good and Cresswell and Casey both developing nicely. Mcinstry looks to have grown and filled out and improved his pace.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Totally.

Agree that Dean looks good and Cresswell and Casey both developing nicely. Mcinstry looks to have grown and filled out and improved his pace.
    All these positive comments are stuff and nonesense unless and until the powers that be (specifically, Bielsa), decide to give them, as Joel says, REAL time in the first team, and not just warming the bench. Not suggesting they get thrown to the wolves as some have characterised it, nor into games that are v i t a l to our continued presence in the PL, but once that is secured (and please, no absurd suggestions about Europe next season) then the U23s should be given as much of a chance as the remaining games allow no matter who the opposition might be.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    All these positive comments are stuff and nonesense unless and until the powers that be (specifically, Bielsa), decide to give them, as Joel says, REAL time in the first team, and not just warming the bench. Not suggesting they get thrown to the wolves as some have characterised it, nor into games that are v i t a l to our continued presence in the PL, but once that is secured (and please, no absurd suggestions about Europe next season) then the U23s should be given as much of a chance as the remaining games allow no matter who the opposition might be.
    True WTF but if you look at the YEP last week he gave quite a good interview - he sees stretching them as being important and is desperate for them to be promoted a league up so that they come across better opposition.

I guess he is reluctant to throw in with too big a step up but who knows.

I thought Allen was one of the stand out players vs Wolves on Friday but he does looks a bit small and even weedy. Not sure how he would do up against some of the stronger midfielders in the Prem.

Crawley.
    Just saying like.

He might be slight but he put in a lot of tackles and made some key interceptions. He looks physically tough even if he is still small.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    I thought Allen was one of the stand out players vs Wolves on Friday but he does looks a bit small and even weedy. Not sure how he would do up against some of the stronger midfielders in the Prem.
    Only way we will find out is if he gets game time against credible opposition. No point retaining his services as an U23 if he doesn't feature in the senior squad (same applies to all the other names mentioned in this and other threads).

As for Allen looking a "bit small and weedy", and at the risk of getting all kinds of sh1t thrown at me, Billy wasn't exactly the biggest player on any park, but would you have crossed him?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Only way we will find out is if he gets game time against credible opposition. No point retaining his services as an U23 if he doesn't feature in the senior squad (same applies to all the other names mentioned in this and other threads).

As for Allen looking a "bit small and weedy", and at the risk of getting all kinds of sh1t thrown at me, Billy wasn't exactly the biggest player on any park, but would you have crossed him?
    Or Bobby Collins - even smaller but even harder.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)