+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letter today

Letter today

Received an official looking letter today with 'DO NOT IGNORE' emblazoned on the envelope. 'oh, this must be important' I thought.

Opened the letter and it was an application for a postal vote, complete with my name and address pre-populated on it, and a pre paid envelope to return it to the Electoral Registration office in Dundee. It was accompanied by another sheet of paper that was essentially SNP propaganda about how they must defeat Covid then win the May elections to challenge the UK government and to force indy ref 2, it had rather a large photo of the Sturgfuhrer on it.

All of it went straight in the bin. The problems I have are

1. where did they get my name and address and why do they think they're entitled to send me a pre populated application for a postal vote?

2. how do they get away with writing DO NOT IGNORE on an envelope thus essentially forcing the recipient to open it and read their propaganda?

3. why are they so keen to get people using postal votes? Are they worried that if Covid keeps people away from the polls they might lose seats?

Anyway, I'll be contacting their area office next week and asking them to delete all reference they have to me as I just want nothing to do with them as long as they have that little Hitler at the helm.

Rant complete

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Received an official looking letter today with 'DO NOT IGNORE' emblazoned on the envelope. 'oh, this must be important' I thought.

Opened the letter and it was an application for a postal vote, complete with my name and address pre-populated on it, and a pre paid envelope to return it to the Electoral Registration office in Dundee. It was accompanied by another sheet of paper that was essentially SNP propaganda about how they must defeat Covid then win the May elections to challenge the UK government and to force indy ref 2, it had rather a large photo of the Sturgfuhrer on it.

1. where did they get my name and address and why do they think they're entitled to send me a pre populated application for a postal vote?

2. how do they get away with writing DO NOT IGNORE on an envelope thus essentially forcing the recipient to open it and read their propaganda?

3. why are they so keen to get people using postal votes? Are they worried that if Covid keeps people away from the polls they might lose seats?

Anyway, I'll be contacting their area office next week and asking them to delete all reference they have to me as I just want nothing to do with them as long as they have that little Hitler at the helm.

Rant complete
    Everyone on the electoral register will receive one.

An electoral register that has people's names and addresses on it, which are for sale

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Everyone on the electoral register will receive one.
    My wife and son didn't.

And it's not the SNP's place to try to point people toward a postal vote, we all know the options there and how to apply for one. What's their game? Worried about losing votes or learned how to cheat the postal votes from Joe Biden maybe?
    Last edited by Deeranged; 05-03-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Imagine the local Electoral Commissioner whatever they call themselves sending letters regarding the elections and marking them as DO NOT IGNORE. bloody outrageous.

Just in case anyone's in any doubt, or possibly too thick to understand, this letter was sent by the SNP and not any Electoral Registration Department.

I got a letter from HMRC the other day. It arrived with a flyer for DFS. DFS obviously trying to nose in on my taxes.

When you join the electoral register, your details are available to be used by others, you have to contact them to say you don't want your details to be used.
    It should be the other way round.
    I sent an e mail years ago complaining about this, and received a reply stating my personal details were off the register.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

Rant complete
    Corrupt FM, Corrupt Govt, Corrupt party.

Resign Sturgeon Billboards are good though.....she will be boiling.

Between deranged's letters and rros's phone calls about vaccines, there is definitely a plot against anti-snp'ers

No comment on Johnson being found (in a court) to have acted unlawfully and misled the UK parliament, of course.

Double-standards again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)