+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T:- Our magnificent, wonderful, incredible, fantastic NHS

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I stated that they are not paid poorly in the main. Should many of them be in more money? Yes.
    As I said before, based on the job they do and the responsibility they take on (compared to the average worker) I think they are poorly paid in the main. I'm not sure you saying "they are not poorly paid in the main, but many should be on more money" makes much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The NHS is able to attract nurses and doctors from all around the world, so the pay must be better than where these professionals come from.
    Of course it is, but the same could be said for most jobs. Lots of fruit pickers and hotel maids for example come here because our wages and standard of living is higher than their country. That doesn't mean fruit pickers and hotel maids are well paid here.

... ok, daughter is a prescribing nurse; sister was a nurse; mother worked in NHS; I spent much of my working life with doctors/finance. Many qualified doctors are in the 50k+/100k+ bracket. No need for them to receive payrise/ their scale earnings deal with that. Daughter thinks no more money for the NHS black hole. I think maybe inflation +1%. I believe the 1% is not set in stone anyway; but it's a good excuse for the unions and lefties to moan ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... ok, daughter is a prescribing nurse; sister was a nurse; mother worked in NHS; I spent much of my working life with doctors/finance. Many qualified doctors are in the 50k+/100k+ bracket. No need for them to receive payrise/ their scale earnings deal with that. Daughter thinks no more money for the NHS black hole. I think maybe inflation +1%. I believe the 1% is not set in stone anyway; but it's a good excuse for the unions and lefties to moan ...
    Even traditional Tory voters with no empathy whatsoever (the two are very common bedfellows) seem to think that 1% offered is too low.

Expect a government u-turn imminently.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The Yougov website says that poll was updated on 3rd-4th March. I would guess the polling would be done on the day or a day before, so I doubt anyone polled would have been aware of the pay offer.

If this doesn't put a dent in that lead, my faith in the British public will be gone.
    Don't worry lad ...... you've got until the end of June for things to change, so be positive .. chin up etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234