+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Our magnificent, wonderful, incredible, fantastic NHS

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    No need to call me sir.

You have absolutely no idea about Wes Thomas’s personal circumstances so you have no right to claim he ‘essentially went on strike’. Didn’t stop you moaning at the time that whatever Notts had done for him, your employer wouldn’t have done for you.

Loads of people moan about other people’s pay or terms and conditions being better than theirs. The answer of course is to try and fight to raise your own employment standards not lower those of everyone else’s.
    And you are right. I am sure I acknowledged that later in that thread after it became apparent their was more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Well at least we agree on the 'no' and 'measly', but definitely not on your reasons.

This is fairly recent news, so when exactly do you mean by "latest poll ratings"?
    I think 'latest' means most recent?

I was referring to a poll taken a day after the budget.

The Conservatives have enjoyed a significant bounce in the polls since Wednesday’s budget despite announcing the biggest tax rises in 30 years.

A survey by YouGov found that the Tories had established a 13-point lead over Labour. Their budget was the most popular in a decade, with 55 per cent of people describing it as “fair”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...bour-l0hztk0n3

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

So the topic is about the 1% payrise offer, and you suggested the public understood. I don't get how you work out that they understand, when the poll you refer to was taken before the pay offer was announced!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    So with the exception of a trainee midwife the rest of those salary ranges at least match the national average.
    And that stat in itself is pitiful. What skills and training does a midwife require compared to the average worker? What responsibility does a midwife take on compared to the average worker? One thing the pandemic has shown is the true worth of NHS workers. Tory minister after Tory minister have said similar. Fine words, but all they have done in real terms is given them a clap followed by a slap.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Out of curiosity would you give ALL NHS staff a blanket pay rise or would you look to reward those that have been impacted more severely when treating COVID patients?
    Close to a blanket pay rise but weighted a bit in favour of those at the lower end of the pay scale. The job they do, the dedication they show, and the responsibility they take on deserves to be rewarded a lot better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So the topic is about the 1% payrise offer, and you suggested the public understood. I don't get how you work out that they understand, when the poll you refer to was taken before the pay offer was announced!

Same day as the poll was taken?

Would your average Joe Public already have known about the proposed nurses pay rise?

Hard to say.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-for-nhs-staff

Same day as the poll was taken?

Would your average Joe Public already have known about the proposed nurses pay rise?

Hard to say.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-for-nhs-staff
    The Yougov website says that poll was updated on 3rd-4th March. I would guess the polling would be done on the day or a day before, so I doubt anyone polled would have been aware of the pay offer.

If this doesn't put a dent in that lead, my faith in the British public will be gone.

I'd just like to mention care staff workers as well as I know they're on minimum wage in alot of centres and worked all through the pandemic and infected themselves and their families. Everyone treats them like divvies off the estate cause they work as a care assistant when these people are alot of peoples relatives go to people and look after them. I've seen lots of care workers go on their breaks and use their own money from their minimum wage to buy residents presents as their own relatives haven't really bothered. Big up to the care workers and NHS workers, I would like the people being so dismissive of them to come and do a month of 12 hour shifts because trust me you wouldn't be spouting half as much **** if you did.

Oh and 78 I think there's an article in the guardian it BBC today from a 24 year old nurse who's quit, she's on 24 grand and found its not worth out. She said 16 nurses have quit from her larger team since covid due to stress and what they've gone through yet apparently cause they start on 24 grand then that's fine. No s real support for them at all. I'm in hospital quite alot for someone my age and the nurses are amazing, they make every stay bearable and always treat you well even though they probably feel like **** alot of the time.

God bless the NHS angels.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Oh and 78 I think there's an article in the guardian it BBC today from a 24 year old nurse who's quit, she's on 24 grand and found its not worth out. She said 16 nurses have quit from her larger team since covid due to stress and what they've gone through yet apparently cause they start on 24 grand then that's fine. No s real support for them at all. I'm in hospital quite alot for someone my age and the nurses are amazing, they make every stay bearable and always treat you well even though they probably feel like **** alot of the time.

God bless the NHS angels.
    And like EP you have misunderstood what I was trying to say last night. I have not dismissed the work they do. I have not said they don’t deserve better pay. I have not said they don’t put their lives on the line in some cases. I stated that they are not paid poorly in the main. Should many of them be in more money? Yes. Do I think every NHS member of staff has been at an increased risk of COVID? No. Try getting an appointment at your local GP.

Like EP I would love to have seen those staff on the frontline recognised with a better pay rise. Your point about staff quitting due to pay not being worth it, I would counter that and ask what amount would be considered worth it? I sympathise with those that are just starting out and feel they should be on more. That could be said about any career though. The NHS is able to attract nurses and doctors from all around the world, so the pay must be better than where these professionals come from.

The NHS has been a mess for decades and the wrong people are ‘in the money’.

The Conservatives have enjoyed a significant bounce in the polls since Wednesday’s budget despite announcing the biggest tax rises in 30 years.

A survey by YouGov found that the Tories had established a 13-point lead over Labour. Their budget was the most popular in a decade, with 55 per cent of people describing it as “fair”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...bour-l0hztk0n3
    I think the government have scored a massive own goal over this regarding the pay rise. I realise money is tight at the moment but one percent is an insult after what they have been through.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast