+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Games

I generally only watch the midweek games due to the time difference and I don't want to be a zombie on a sunday. Midweek games generally start around 5am so that is ok weekend ones are the middle of the bloody night. so it has been a mix of home and away but I would say I have only seen us play well once which was against Wealdstone and we played with huge spirit against Dagenham. The rest is tedious Ardley diatribe such as Boreham Wood, Sutton, Stockport, Kings Lynn to name but a few. I will be tuning in again next week no doubt for more of the same when Halifax come out of the blocks quicker put us on the back foot and Neal waits for a moment of magic to turn it around. Yawn. Get rid now.

Quick Reply, I have to say that Elite has demonstrated time and time again the reasons why he only streams home games. In fact it must be becoming tiresome for him to keep on having to do so.

I agree with him 100%. I’m no better Notts fan than he or anyone of you but after the Dover debacle I decided that away game streams might be a touch ‘non league’ in terms of quality.

I find the home streams very well produced and give a virtual experience that Notts should be rewarded for. And that’s why I’m happy to pay.

Why the f#** would I want to contribute to the coffers of Chesterfield, Wrexham and the likes so they can buy a centre forward to knock us off top spot come May. Think about it🤔

Quote Originally Posted by kingmasson View Post
    Quick Reply, I have to say that Elite has demonstrated time and time again the reasons why he only streams home games. In fact it must be becoming tiresome for him to keep on having to do so.

I agree with him 100%. I’m no better Notts fan than he or anyone of you but after the Dover debacle I decided that away game streams might be a touch ‘non league’ in terms of quality.

I find the home streams very well produced and give a virtual experience that Notts should be rewarded for. And that’s why I’m happy to pay.

Why the f#** would I want to contribute to the coffers of Chesterfield, Wrexham and the likes so they can buy a centre forward to knock us off top spot come May. Think about it��
    So you never go to away games and do the same when there is no Covid? For me the lockdown has been good as I get to see more games than normal I would love Notts to continue to do this for international fans after normal service is resumed but I suppose it will be cost prohibitive and probably not within the rules. I have seen more games this season than I have ever seen since I moved to Au. Got a few in when Nolan came on board the season before the play offs when I was last in the UK although almost all away from home. I agree Elite has stated this ump**** times I do wish that the Elite laddo boredom would cease. Perhaps they can just block each other and move on.

On two separate occasions in the last 14 years I have been a member of the 92 Club and had watched Notts on 88 of those 92 so I’m probably better placed than you to talk about away games.

People go to away games for many reasons, mostly social but plenty enjoy the ground hopping experiences and the ‘day out’.

The Covid situation is unique I agree, but it is inevitable that streaming games won’t continue post pandemic as nobody would attend games in person if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I agree Elite has stated this ump**** times I do wish that the Elite laddo boredom would cease. Perhaps they can just block each other and move on.
    If you look back through this thread you'll see that I was contributing to the outcome of todays' games and how it might impact our season. Then suddenly in post#48 laddo, for reasons known only to him, decided to question the amount of games I had watched. Why? Who cares who has watched what? Even though I have watched most games, he decided I had watched less than half. I'm pretty sure he saw it as a chance to score some pathetic cheap points, but I had already explained my position on live streams more than once. He has mocked the fact I don't watch away streams, and in his bizarre world he's even imagined I'm having conversations with navypie! If that's not weird I don't know what is. I have happily ignored the **** for the last few days, but this is definitely all down to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If you look back through this thread you'll see that I was contributing to the outcome of todays' games and how it might impact our season. Then suddenly in post#48 laddo, for reasons known only to him, decided to question the amount of games I had watched. Why? Who cares who has watched what? Even though I have watched most games, he decided I had watched less than half. I'm pretty sure he saw it as a chance to score some pathetic cheap points, but I had already explained my position on live streams more than once. He has mocked the fact I don't watch away streams, and in his bizarre world he's even imagined I'm having conversations with navypie! If that's not weird I don't know what is. I have happily ignored the **** for the last few days, but this is definitely all down to him.
    Sure just block him and then nobody else has to suffer it. No argument from me

On two separate occasions in the last 14 years I have been a member of the 92 Club and had watched Notts on 88 of those 92 so I’m probably better placed than you to talk about away games.

People go to away games for many reasons, mostly social but plenty enjoy the ground hopping experiences and the ‘day out’.

The Covid situation is unique I agree, but it is inevitable that streaming games won’t continue post pandemic as nobody would attend games in person if you think about it.
    Of course you are better placed to talk about them no argument I just found it curious that you mentioned watching them was contributing to the coffers of the competition when you have been doing it for years anyway in one form or another. you could limit games to foreign fans only but I doubt it will be profitable and of course there is the dreaded VPN to consider. You could only allow foreign credit cards to be used for payment. I would even watch massivley dumbed down streams than the one we have now with charlie and stallard on them commentating. I dont need all the fancy stuff if it costs a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Of course you are better placed to talk about them no argument I just found it curious that you mentioned watching them was contributing to the coffers of the competition when you have been doing it for years anyway in one form or another. you could limit games to foreign fans only but I doubt it will be profitable and of course there is the dreaded VPN to consider. You could only allow foreign credit cards to be used for payment. I would even watch massivley dumbed down streams than the one we have now with charlie and stallard on them commentating. I dont need all the fancy stuff if it costs a lot.
    The only way we’ll get live streams post-COVID (that will be a thing, right?) is if we get promoted back into the EFL and are on iFollow again. I’ve loved being able to watch the games this season - shame I’ve not seen us play better overall, but that’s football I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    TBH - (and it’s just my opinion as I have no idea how your’s and Laddo’s brains work) - the argument on this thread started with you taking personally what seemed like an inoffensive comment about the games you’d watched, there didn’t seem much in it and if you had just ignored or answered factually we’d all have been spared the spat that followed. He’s as bad so this is not a dig at you. No-one would doubt either of your support for Notts or the positive contributions you both make to this board. We just don’t need the s**t. So as advised, block each other, or failing that count to ten and ignore. Please!!

Why the f#** would I want to contribute to the coffers of Chesterfield, Wrexham and the likes so they can buy a centre forward to knock us off top spot come May. Think about it��
    I can't see any difference paying for a live stream or paying at the turnstile etc.
    for away games? You are still giving money to the home side, except not as much.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast