+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vadaine Oliver

The fact that at least three different strikers (and others) have left and become an integral part of teams two leagues higher than us probably shows that the problems at our club ran deeper than the individual players, meaning that some otherwise capable performers were not able to show their best ability in their time with us. I don't think that comes as much of a surprise to many.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The fact that at least three different strikers (and others) have left and become an integral part of teams two leagues higher than us probably shows that the problems at our club ran deeper than the individual players, meaning that some otherwise capable performers were not able to show their best ability in their time with us. I don't think that comes as much of a surprise to many.
    The only thing I don't agree with is your use of the past tense as this problem continues to haunt us!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The only thing I don't agree with is your use of the past tense as this problem continues to haunt us!
    Rob Milsom?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Rob Milsom?
    Good shout.

Surprised by Oliver. He looked very average in the games I remember, very much a “big lump” up front. Certainly wouldn’t have thought he’d be playing at that level successfully.

Fair play to him.

Given Olivers overall career he is either a late bloomer or having a freak season in a team that is getting the best out of him. I am going for the latter. Of course it is no surprise that his worst goal return on games played is at Notts.

Looks a freak season to me, his goal scoring record in the FL is disappointing at every club he's played at.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    He was nowt special , bang average. Only remember him having a couple of good games in his time at Notts.

Big physical lad but not a goalscoring forward.
    Summed up nicely in one sentence.

The last sentence .

Danny Rowe would have been better - no chance of that now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast