+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What the **** !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    The best move this kid can do is play two more seasons for us and then get sold to a Premier club for £20 +++ Million.
    That goal in itself has just increased his value by a few million.
    Unfortunately Nudge it's not quite so simple with US athletes .

They have investors behind them who direct the career path for their athletes and take a percentage of the income throughout their careers .

Daryl Dike is a very investable young athlete , there's massive dollars awaiting him off the field never mind on it because he's a very marketable young athlete .

Nike gave Tiger Woods $100m before he ever walked on the first tee as a professional golfer .

This kid is at this club for a reason and in my opinion its very little to do with Orlando or Barnsley football club .

There's other factors at play here .

Yes this lad could be playing at the very top in 4-5 years he has everything strength, size, a burst of pace and as we’ve seen today an ability to produce abit of magic, at 20 years old! he will get a great education with us and VI I’ve been told we’ve got an option to buy him I’m looking a bit far ahead but he could be a £20m+ player in the future, I was disappointed with his 1st appearance v Chelsea but you had to consider jet lag n totally new alien environment but he’s certainly won me over now, a mom performance today in a scrappy game

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Unfortunately Nudge it's not quite so simple with US athletes .

They have investors behind them who direct the career path for their athletes and take a percentage of the income throughout their careers .

Daryl Dike is a very investable young athlete , there's massive dollars awaiting him off the field never mind on it because he's a very marketable young athlete .

Nike gave Tiger Woods $100m before he ever walked on the first tee as a professional golfer .

This kid is at this club for a reason and in my opinion its very little to do with Orlando or Barnsley football club .

There's other factors at play here .
    plus the fact he's only on loan till the end of the season with a 20 million dollar price tag if we want to buy him.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    plus the fact he's only on loan till the end of the season with a 20 million dollar price tag if we want to buy him.
    Animal is correct,the yanks have a very different system,he is not only owned by his club but also investors but if the reds do get promoted and it is a big if it may be worthwhile buying him but I think $20 million is a bit too much for a 20 year old rookie in the premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    We don’t know what has been agreed.
    But - we know that Barnsley can buy him if they want to - price has been agreed.
    But it depends if the player himself wants to stay.
    So I don’t know how that could work.
    For example - can he go back to Orlando and immediately then be sold to another club.
    We just don’t know the details.

Its all speculation, details of the deal undisclosed as per usual, keeping the fans in the dark.

Sign him if we can get him for a reasonable price otherwise move on.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Its all speculation, details of the deal undisclosed as per usual, keeping the fans in the dark.

Sign him if we can get him for a reasonable price otherwise move on.
    Sometimes it works to keep the fans in the dark, o...... some clubs “ put it out there “ what they are prepared to pay, or accept and then that pushes the price up and down. Sometimes the secrecy can work.
    I’d say that we will be lucky to hang onto him......
    Don’t think he’ll we will be able to see him in the flesh though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Sometimes it works to keep the fans in the dark, o...... some clubs “ put it out there “ what they are prepared to pay, or accept and then that pushes the price up and down. Sometimes the secrecy can work.
    I’d say that we will be lucky to hang onto him......
    Don’t think he’ll we will be able to see him in the flesh though.
    Its always a secret though isnt it with this ownership.

Why couldnt they just say 'weve signed Daryl on loan to the end of the season and have agreed an option to purchase at an agreed price'. They dont need to disclose anything else.

Then as fans we can sit there for the remainder of this season and watch this talent develop knowing weve unearthed a good un and weve got all the anticipation of the season ahead. Isnt that what supporting a club is about, hope and anticipation?

For example, lets say Dike is a superstar, would you or anyone else buy a ticket at the earlybird price just to watch him next season? Its missed marketing in my opinion.

I agree that sometimes keeping your cards close to your chest is a good strategy but on other occasions its worthless. This is an example of a worthless one to me, especially if we already have a deal in place why not say so?

We’ve agreed an option to purchase at an agreed price.........

Probably a price we know damn well we aren’t gonna pay.... and we will know it already.

Is this fact Jules? Have you seen something to confirm this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast