+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby to stop taking the knee.....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Is it still prevalent before sports events in Holland MA?
    Still? Hasn't been at all prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    No but it’s easier for our media to take that stance

Yes by what we do day to day, but (as was my experience) don’t come back off a BLM March and within minutes slag off the traveller community. Discrimination and hate has many targets

Yes it does.

'If I were black, I could say I'm proud, if I were Asian, I could say I'm proud, if I were any other ethnicity I could say I'm proud because that's how our culture is.

"But if I'm white and I say I'm proud, the media will go nuts."

- Lauren Southern, Canadian journalist

Interestingly, Ms Southern was denied entry into the UK in 2018 for her presence 'wasn't conducive to the public good'. Apparently, she's classed as 'far right, i.e. she's not allowed an opinion about race.

No but it’s easier for our media to take that stance

Yes by what we do day to day, but (as was my experience) don’t come back off a BLM March and within minutes slag off the traveller community. Discrimination and hate has many targets
    Lol...you’re right Andy. I once attended a meeting about how to provide for the educational needs of the ‘travelling community’...which can be far from easy.
    I really didn’t have a problem before their representative spoke...but he was dreadful...apparently we were all meant to take every demand of the ‘travellers’ on board but it soon became apparent that this guy wouldn’t speak to his own son because he was in a relationship with an Asian woman. He genuinely couldn’t recognise the hypocrisy of that.

I suspect we all have a fairly clear idea of Gunt’s ‘agenda’ though. The ‘far right’ are allowed opinions, Gunt...it’s just that most decent thinking folk think such opinions are divisive, dangerous and anachronistic bollux.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 08-03-2021 at 12:03 PM.

I can echo that comment about travellers and schooling for their kids, rA. The school I was governor of were "asked" (told) to take 5 or 6 travellers children in to one class as they had set up camp in a local field. Even though there were 30 kids in the class already. Having bust their balls to accommodate this, most of the time these children didn't bother to attend because one of the parents objected to her children being taught in a class with a black and an asian kid. Thankfully they moved on after a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

I suspect we all have a fairly clear idea of Gunt’s ‘agenda’ though. The ‘far right’ are allowed opinions, Gunt...it’s just that most decent thinking folk think such opinions are divisive, dangerous and anachronistic bollux.
    ...although the opinion is that that our footballers should not be seen to be condoning an organisation that lionises a convicted criminal might be worthy of more than glib dismissal

My point, either not well made or (accidentally or deliberately, I’m never quite sure) misunderstood by you is that if ‘we’ wish for a world with less discrimination then everyone should sign up to driving out every kind of discrimination, and there are currently too many ‘cards’ being brandished with impunity for that to be more than a pipe dream. The U.K. media strapping the Royal Family to the worlds biggest ducking stool during this morning is a prime example of that.

...although the opinion is that that our footballers should not be seen to be condoning an organisation that lionises a convicted criminal might be worthy of more than glib dismissal

My point, either not well made or (accidentally or deliberately, I’m never quite sure) misunderstood by you is that if ‘we’ wish for a world with less discrimination then everyone should sign up to driving out every kind of discrimination, and there are currently too many ‘cards’ being brandished with impunity for that to be more than a pipe dream. The U.K. media strapping the Royal Family to the worlds biggest ducking stool during this morning is a prime example of that.
    Firstly I made no comment about the BLM movement...I mentioned the ‘far right’...the views of which Gunt seems to take every opportunity to ‘lionise’ even to the extent that you had to ‘chastise’ him last week.

Secondly, although I suspect George Floyd would not be the best of role models that does not give the US authorities the right to deal with (aka murder) him in the way they did.

I don’t think I misunderstood your point at all...I was actually agreeing, we should be signing up to drive out all forms of discrimination.

As regards the Royal Family and the ‘ducking stool’. I’m not sure that’s true, but then I may be in the unusual position of thinking the Royal Family are an anachronistic irrelevance and that Meghan Markle is an attention seeking ‘wannabe’ for whom the novelty of being a ‘Princess’ has worn off. Tbh I couldn’t give a stuff about any of them, and suspect it’s just another ‘opium of the people’ TV series in the making at a time when we have many more important things to worry about.

Exactly
    Princess whinge has -
    Accused someone of questioning the babies colour
    Accused Kate making her "cry"
    Accused UK of being anti American/black American
    Claims they drove her to contemplate suicide?

Well name names then Mrs. Lets see some evidence. You have been very good at playing the black victim all through your life.
    Your recent "woe is me" interview and tough time is wearing very thin, considering the events folks are suffering here.

You have been a divisive person all your life. You have done it to your own family and many friends. Now it's your husbands family's turn. How long before it is him?

This all a charade for her own ambitions by playing the BLM/mysogyny card to build her image.
    Watch this space, the Democrats will be her next port of call. Should she rise in those ranks, The gniger dope has done.

Success by division, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Firstly I made no comment about the BLM movement...I mentioned the ‘far right’...the views of which Gunt seems to take every opportunity to ‘lionise’ even to the extent that you had to ‘chastise’ him last week.

Secondly, although I suspect George Floyd would not be the best of role models that does not give the US authorities the right to deal with (aka murder) him in the way they did.

I don’t think I misunderstood your point at all...I was actually agreeing, we should be signing up to drive out all forms of discrimination.

As regards the Royal Family and the ‘ducking stool’. I’m not sure that’s true, but then I may be in the unusual position of thinking the Royal Family are an anachronistic irrelevance and that Meghan Markle is an attention seeking ‘wannabe’ for whom the novelty of being a ‘Princess’ has worn off. Tbh I couldn’t give a stuff about any of them, and suspect it’s just another ‘opium of the people’ TV series in the making at a time when we have many more important things to worry about.
    Para 1 I wasn’t pointing the finger at you on that one.
    Para 2 I offer no defence on the US police’s part, our thin blue line has its issues but thank God we aim to police by concensus. The choice of figurehead and airbrushing out of his backstory,assisted by the media, is astounding though
    Para 4 at least you’re being even handed! Opium of the people is a good summary (albeit lifted)

Edit, and I can’t help agreeing with at least one part of TTR’s post - Harry’s been ‘had’

Didn't she explain that something made Kate cry and/or be upset? Soething to do with dresses for the wedding? .... it was Kate being upset that upset Meghan.

On another point, it's Harry himself who saw what happened to his mother, happening all over again in the tabloids. He didn't want that for his wife. Well worth aplaudit or 2 IMO.

George Floyd is, indeed, not the best of role models. He did not, however, deserve to die on camera with a cops knee on his neck for way too long. There were lots of cops around and the cop was not in any danger.

..............Edit, and I can’t help agreeing with at least one part of TTR’s post - Harry’s been ‘had’
    Just like his father was "had" by his mother, another prime whinger who chose to bite the hand that fed it. ironic that the son of the first hand biter has got had by another one himself

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)