+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby to stop taking the knee.....

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Didn't she explain that something made Kate cry and/or be upset? Soething to do with dresses for the wedding? .... it was Kate being upset that upset Meghan.

On another point, it's Harry himself who saw what happened to his mother, happening all over again in the tabloids. He didn't want that for his wife. Well worth aplaudit or 2 IMO.

George Floyd is, indeed, not the best of role models. He did not, however, deserve to die on camera with a cops knee on his neck for way too long. There were lots of cops around and the cop was not in any danger.
    1. Yes it was over a bridesmaids dress. Suddenly whinge has flipped it.
    2. He didn't die on camera. Not defending American policing here in any way. Not the right thing to do for sure, with that knee,
    However, he was a known violent criminal and was off his face on drugs Fentanyl, which later caused his death in custody.
    But the kneeling suited the murder agenda and skewed the BLM movement into it's rage.
    I'm sure in this cops trial, he will admit what he did was way wrong, but it's like asking a soldier who pulled a trigger after an event.

But in politics, racism is a powerful card to play.

Didn't she explain that something made Kate cry and/or be upset? Soething to do with dresses for the wedding? .... it was Kate being upset that upset Meghan.

On another point, it's Harry himself who saw what happened to his mother, happening all over again in the tabloids. He didn't want that for his wife. Well worth aplaudit or 2 IMO.

George Floyd is, indeed, not the best of role models. He did not, however, deserve to die on camera with a cops knee on his neck for way too long. There were lots of cops around and the cop was not in any danger.
    GF lived by the sword and died by the sword. The world is a better place without him.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...you’re right Andy. I once attended a meeting about how to provide for the educational needs of the ‘travelling community’...which can be far from easy.
    I really didn’t have a problem before their representative spoke...but he was dreadful...apparently we were all meant to take every demand of the ‘travellers’ on board but it soon became apparent that this guy wouldn’t speak to his own son because he was in a relationship with an Asian woman. He genuinely couldn’t recognise the hypocrisy of that.

I suspect we all have a fairly clear idea of Gunt’s ‘agenda’ though. The ‘far right’ are allowed opinions, Gunt...it’s just that most decent thinking folk think such opinions are divisive, dangerous and anachronistic bollux.
    A bit like Antifa then.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    GF lived by the sword and died by the sword. The world is a better place without him.
    Not doubting that last bit at all Gunt. I do, however, believe that the 8 minutes and 46 secinds was way too long and wouldn't have happened if he'd been white. It is pure coincidence that the "straw that appeared to break the camel's back" was a career criminal. Despite all of the Laws they have in the US, the non-white community is treated as 2nd or even 3rd class citizens. The police need to drastically change the way they work. One US police department went so far as to bring in new people friendly/empathetic working practices and then got the entire department to apply for their own jobs. Those incapable or unwilling to change simply lost their jobs and they hored new cops who could follow the new path. It's a roaring success. People and police get on well and crime rates have dropped quite a lot. I have no idea why the rest of the US doesn't follow suit but I think they should.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    A bit like Antifa then.
    What is?

I do, however, believe that the 8 minutes and 46 secinds was way too long and wouldn't have happened if he'd been white. It is pure coincidence that the "straw that appeared to break the camel's back" was a career criminal. Despite all of the Laws they have in the US, the non-white community is treated as 2nd or even 3rd class citizens. The police need to drastically change the way they work.
    ‘Nutshell’ time. Well said, MA.

‘Nutshell’ time. Well said, MA.
    Although, and this isn't picking on you rA, I was writing this anyway: Isn't it strange that the thread concerns a British activity yet we are fixated on what's occurred and is occurring in USA

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Although, and this isn't picking on you rA, I was writing this anyway: Isn't it strange that the thread concerns a British activity yet we are fixated on what's occurred and is occurring in USA
    It hadn’t entered my head that you were, AF...but, no...it’s not at all ‘strange’. The BLM movement was founded as a result of such actions as were inflicted on George Floyd and we are talking about the British reaction to that wrongdoing.

It hadn’t entered my head that you were, AF...but, no...it’s not at all ‘strange’. The BLM movement was founded as a result of such actions as were inflicted on George Floyd and we are talking about the British reaction to that wrongdoing.
    What may have been started, on a similar incident by 3 women.
    Has instead morphed far and away from that original aim.
    BLM bring up GF to high light a police proble, which is fine. Then there are those like Markel who uses that message to further herself in the public eye. It doesn't wash with most folks, as even though she is half black, she is also half white. Yet she uses the black side to gain publicity.
    The ginge will find out one day, how much he has been conned, by his wokeness training.
    This is the point with BLM/GF.
    Making GF out to be a lovely human and hero, clouded the issue of police methods.
    It isn't the first example either.

PS watching sky news now.
    They are interviewing ethnic mothers, who say they aren't surprised and the Royal Family should be hung drawn and quartered.
    So there you have it. No proof/no evidence, just Markels mouth. Guilty as charged, because it's a race accusation.
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 08-03-2021 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    What may have been started, on a similar incident by 3 women.
    Has instead morphed far and away from that original aim.
    BLM bring up GF to high light a police proble, which is fine. Then there are those like Markel who uses that message to further herself in the public eye. It doesn't wash with most folks, as even though she is half black, she is also half white. Yet she uses the black side to gain publicity.
    The ginge will find out one day, how much he has been conned, by his wokeness training.
    This is the point with BLM/GF.
    Making GF out to be a lovely human and hero, clouded the issue of police methods.
    It isn't the first example either.

PS watching sky news now.
    They are interviewing ethnic mothers, who say they aren't surprised and the Royal Family should be hung drawn and quartered.
    So there you have it. No proof/no evidence, just Markels mouth. Guilty as charged, because it's a race accusation.
    I’ve very little time for Megan Markle, but there’s something absurdly ironic about you of all people attacking the reaction to her on the basis of ‘no proof/evidence...guilty as charged, because it’s a race accusation’, especially given what you’ve written about George Floyd.

To the best of my knowledge no one on here has defended the character of the man but, although you have no proof or evidence, you have plenty to say about how disreputable he was and even go so far as to say, at 2.58 this afternoon, that taking Fentanyl was the ‘cause’ of death. Really?

In the same post you also seek to compare a soldier making a split second error when pulling a trigger, with a cop deliberately kneeling on someone’s neck for, allegedly, in excess of eight minutes. Just too ludicrous for words Tricky.

P.S. Apologies, Swale, but it had to be quoted to be believed.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)