+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby to stop taking the knee.....

Derby to stop taking the knee.....

yes, time to stop this nonsense, After Millwall led the way there are about 6 championship clubs stopping this practice. I believe we are up at Pride Park next Sat, you should fancy your chances as we lost today;

[QUOTE=claw84;39722659]yes, time to stop this nonsense, After Millwall led the way there are about 6 championship clubs stopping this practice. [QUOTE]

But not, one suspects, for the same reason that a certain section of the Millwall fans booed and jeered. Millwall, or a proportion of your fans, ‘led the way’ for all the wrong reasons.

I’d be happier if we’d stop ‘taking the knee’ after the bloody kick off. We just seem to be in submission mode at the moment.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 06-03-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    yes, time to stop this nonsense, After Millwall led the way there are about 6 championship clubs stopping this practice. I believe we are up at Pride Park next Sat, you should fancy your chances as we lost today;
    Agree about the knee, outlived its use after a couple of weeks and has caused more division rather than resolving anything, although to be accurate Millwall didn't lead the way, F1 did.

Don't be so sure about your lack of chances next week. Question is, do you have 11 fit players? If so I fear for us.

Will they need 11 Andy??

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Will they need 11 Andy??
    Thought I was seeing double, must be 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Agree about the knee, outlived its use after a couple of weeks and has caused more division rather than resolving anything, although to be accurate Millwall didn't lead the way, F1 did.

Don't be so sure about your lack of chances next week. Question is, do you have 11 fit players? If so I fear for us.
    The curious thing is that they stopped it in the US of A month's ago - no knees at the superbowl. Yet who originated the knee and who originated BLM?

Do we have to follow the Yanks every move? Can we do something to show support for anti-racism without taking the knee?

No and yes in that order IMO.

Is it still prevalent before sports events in Holland MA?

Not sure about stop taking the knee, I just wish the players would stop taking the piss!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Do we have to follow the Yanks every move? Can we do something to show support for anti-racism without taking the knee?

No and yes in that order IMO.
    No but it’s easier for our media to take that stance

Yes by what we do day to day, but (as was my experience) don’t come back off a BLM March and within minutes slag off the traveller community. Discrimination and hate has many targets

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)