+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers & the hypocrites

Rangers & the hypocrites

In May last year a black man was killed by a bully in a Police uniform. And despite a world pandemic, fines for folk going out for a coffee, restrictions on all our lives, thousands of people week after week ignored the advice and attended mass protests, the police at best turned a blind eye and at worst joined in.
    People all over our country risked their lives and those of others by joining the mass hysteria that engulfed our towns and cities - where previously racism hadn't been a burning issue for them.

I've just read on Sky the condemnation of Rangers fans gathering at Ibrox to celebrate in anticipation of their club rising from the ashes to take the title from arch rivals Celtic.

The same Sky that's had Black Lives Matter plastered all over all season, happy with the sentiment - but when you dig into what that particular organisation stands for you'll understand my cynicism.

Should the impossible happen for us, and Val pulls off one of the unlikeliest promotion seasons ever, I wonder how Barnsley fans will be viewed/reported on when the inevitable celebrations take place.

Will those same bullies in blue be so quick to drop to their knees and join us ? And will the footballing authorities who embraced the Black Lives Matter slogan with relish, with thousands on the streets putting us all at risk to support their new cause, turn a another blind eye to the risks when it suits or will we, like Rangers, be pilloried ?

I'm equally appalled by the government's 1% pay rise / cut for those who work in the NHS .

Who have worked constantly in the most difficult of circumstances , in the most dangerous of environments and got on with it .

In fact I'm more than appalled given the number of Tory chums and donors who have done very well out of this pandemic .

Track , Trace and Isolate came in at £15bn apparently , great value ???? and the NHS get 1% .

Fecking take the knee to that kind of discrimination .

Nar thought not .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm equally appalled by the government's 1% pay rise / cut for those who work in the NHS .

Who have worked constantly in the most difficult of circumstances , in the most dangerous of environments and got on with it .

In fact I'm more than appalled given the number of Tory chums and donors who have done very well out of this pandemic .

Track , Trace and Isolate came in at £15bn apparently , great value ???? and the NHS get 1% .

Fecking take the knee to that kind of discrimination .

Nar thought not .
    but nothing about the 12% rise they got over the last 3 year period the average nurses wage is now £33,000 (The Royal College of Nursing estimate that he average wage of a nurse is £33,384)

According to Prospects, fully qualified nurses start on £24,214 rising to £30,112 on Band 5 of the NHS Agenda for Change pay rates.

A 1% pay rise for the average nurse wage would be £333.84.

That amounts to £6.42 a week, or 17p per hour worked.

quite a decent pay rise when you break it down.

I see your point Animal, the same folk clapping for the NHS on a Thursday night were the same folk sat outside the town hall lecturing us on 'white privilege' whilst the government was pleading with us to lessen the burden on the NHS, the very thing they claimed to be supporting during their Thursday evening social affirmation session.

Where are they now ? Where are the marches in the capital, the protests at the town hall, where are Sky, The Premier League, The EFL, Gary ****in Linekar when the folk who've put themselves in harms way throughout this need some help ?

And back to football, if Val and the boys pull it off will the tarn fans be lambasted by these hypocrites who supported what took place last summer ? I certainly think that they will.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    but nothing about the 12% rise they got over the last 3 year period the average nurses wage is now £33,000 (The Royal College of Nursing estimate that he average wage of a nurse is £33,384)

According to Prospects, fully qualified nurses start on £24,214 rising to £30,112 on Band 5 of the NHS Agenda for Change pay rates.

A 1% pay rise for the average nurse wage would be £333.84.

That amounts to £6.42 a week, or 17p per hour worked.

quite a decent pay rise when you break it down.
    A pay decrease since the tories came to power in 2010 .

https://fullfact.org/health/nurse-pay-may-2020/

Am calling for Delia to send for the 12th man at half time against the owls - " Gary Linaker, Kier Starmer, The Thursday tea time Doorstep Clappers, where are ya ? Lets be having yer, get behind the nurses !!"

A pay decrease since the tories came to power in 2010 .

https://fullfact.org/health/nurse-pay-may-2020/
    ill stick with the yorkshire post and the nurses own body for this info fullfact are run by labour luvvies and anti brexit activists.

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    I see your point Animal, the same folk clapping for the NHS on a Thursday night were the same folk sat outside the town hall lecturing us on 'white privilege' whilst the government was pleading with us to lessen the burden on the NHS, the very thing they claimed to be supporting during their Thursday evening social affirmation session.

Where are they now ? Where are the marches in the capital, the protests at the town hall, where are Sky, The Premier League, The EFL, Gary ****in Linekar when the folk who've put themselves in harms way throughout this need some help ?

And back to football, if Val and the boys pull it off will the tarn fans be lambasted by these hypocrites who supported what took place last summer ? I certainly think that they will.
    My point Flagged was about class and the billions of pounds handed out to chums and donors of the tory party whilst the NHS are offered a 1% pay increase despite the fact they have been at the frontline during this pandemic .

That to me is discrimination and every bit an evil as racism .

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    ill stick with the yorkshire post and the nurses own body for this info fullfact are run by labour luvvies and anti brexit activists.
    Michael Samual founded and chairs Full Fact is actually a Tory Party donor .

My point Flagged was about class and the billions of pounds handed out to chums and donors of the tory party whilst the NHS are offered a 1% pay increase despite the fact they have been at the frontline during this pandemic .

That to me is discrimination and every bit an evil as racism .
    I can't believe how badly they've gotten it wrong on this Animal, my father in law once stood as the conservative candidate for Ardsley and even he can't believe it. Riding high in the polls for the first time in a long time on the back of the vaccination roll out the tories had the opportunity to press home the advantage, they've really no idea at all what the ordinary man in the street would wish for.

now if the country geared up to truly support the NHS like it did blm then I'd be really impressed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast