+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Yet another game that we should have won. We just cannot put that ball into the back of the net. We were the better side but it means absolutely nothing.

Terrible game, lack of energy, devoid of ideas and quality, Peirea, AMN, Diange totally embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Terrible game, lack of energy, devoid of ideas and quality, Peirea, AMN, Diange totally embarrassing

You have hit the nail on the head! What odds do you think the bookies were giving for the Welsh international to get the winner?

Good news for next season is we have solid defenders who ain’t gonna be going anywhere - and now we are organised only bodes well. For me Townsend, Furlong, O’Shea, Bartley and Ajayi have all developed this season and they are all relatively young .... Our priorities lie elsewhere .... in central midfield and attack ....

Also can’t see Pereira or Diangana being poached for massive fees after the poor seasons they have had ....

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    Good news for next season is we have solid defenders who ain’t gonna be going anywhere - and now we are organised only bodes well. For me Townsend, Furlong, O’Shea, Bartley and Ajayi have all developed this season and they are all relatively young .... Our priorities lie elsewhere .... in central midfield and attack ....

Also can’t see Pereira or Diangana being poached for massive fees after the poor seasons they have had ....
    That’s a good comment Barrera. Furlong has been great, he’s actually got the highest stats for attacking moves in the opponents half. Some good signs from all the players you mentioned. You could be right about Pareira and diang too. Interestingly I thought Pareira was lousy today yet he scored high on stats that are accumulated during game play. Maybe I was only noticing the mistakes?
    Last edited by boingy; 07-03-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    That’s a good comment Barrera. Furlong has been great, he’s actually got the highest stats for attacking moves in the opponents half. Some good signs from all the players you mentioned. You could be right about Pareira and diang too. Interestingly I thought Pareira was lousy today yet he scored high on stats that are accumulated during game play. Maybe I was only noticing the mistakes?

Pereira’s delivery and final ball was poor but so was Maitland Niles whose final pass was equally as bad! The defence are much better because they have the best protection in Okay and Gallagher where Livermore and Sawyers were the weaknesses! Diangana whose niggling injuries are worrying and bet we would be lucky to recoup half what was paid.

I would honestly offer Fat Sam the same bonus to take us back up and he will probably load the squad with his players ie Snodgrass would be excellent in the championship if Fat Sam could persuade him to stay!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Pereira’s delivery and final ball was poor but so was Maitland Niles whose final pass was equally as bad! The defence are much better because they have the best protection in Okay and Gallagher where Livermore and Sawyers were the weaknesses! Diangana whose niggling injuries are worrying and bet we would be lucky to recoup half what was paid.

I would honestly offer Fat Sam the same bonus to take us back up and he will probably load the squad with his players ie Snodgrass would be excellent in the championship if Fat Sam could persuade him to stay!
    I think I would be happy with that. So much we don’t know at this point 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I think I would be happy with that. So much we don’t know at this point 🤨
    Same here, as with the other Allardyce thread I feel we need to stick with him in the Championship.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)