+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2 way battle for arma

2 way battle for arma

I feel in the summer adam Armstrong will be playing elsewhere.
    West ham have been tracking the forward and now it appears Brighton have joined the race.
    Of course alot depends on if they are still in the premier league next season but apparently they are looking to offer some players as part of the deal.
    Interesting stuff,especially as it looks to be another rebuilding job next season.

Newcastle have a 40% sell on clause. That's why we got him for £1.75m. They wanted £6m up front.
    So we will make very little on this deal. I believe we will come to an agreement with them, and allow him to go back plus £5m or something like that.
    Some crazy people are talking about £25m. That will not happen. He isn't that good.
    What we do need though, if for him to move on. We looked a much better side with more balance in with him not playing. He scored a load of goals in one purple patch. He isn't scoring anymore. He is terribly greedy.
    But playing him down the middle is killing us as a side.
    His pens and the chances he scored from will now fall to other people.
    Gallagher and Brerton both have improved and are both decent. Dolan, Dack are both decent. We have Mcbride coming through too. If Arma was to leave, we will likely look to bring in another.
    If he does play, I would only ever play him out wide. Bring Gally or Brero down the middle. He isnt a CF.

I dont think we will be rebuilding.
    He has been bringing in quality young players for 4 seasons now. They are all improving and getting better. Look at Brereton. Dolan, Buckley etc. We have this promising LB Douglas from Crewe already signed. We have a young, fast forward line. Gally is the oldest in his early 20's.
    For me now its time to move on Downing, Johnson, Bennett, Ayala, Evans and start to play Davenport, Buckley, Rothwell, Travis etc.
    I would say we need a CH. But we have Wharton who will be fine.
    We have a few players to off-load and a few to come in but overall we have a decent midtable side there. And if we got lucky with injuires, we may have a chance of improving on midtable.

We have certainly underperformed this year. If we can get decent money for Arma, let him go. What about Butterworth? If he can stay healthy what I've seen of him he should be given a good shot at playing.

I would keep Johnson, but Downing, Bennett and Evans are past their sell date. I doubt Ayala will be going anywhere anytime soon. Let's hope he stays fit and plays like the veteran he is. I'm on the fence with Rothwell...he just doesn't seem to have the final touch enough. Buckley and Davenport could do the job.

Should be another interesting summer!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)