+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Owlstalk

Owlstalk

I was feeling a bit bored so I’ve been on owlstalk to cheer myself up.

They have a thread where somebody has separated the clubs into categories from Elite, Massive, big, Average, Small and tinpot.

In the Elite there’s Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal.
    No clues as to which one the owls are in alongside Man City, Chelsea, Spurs etc.

At least they’ve given us average status which as level headed fans we except.

Doesn’t the person that came up with this sort of rubbish realize how stupid they make their clubs supporters look with their delusional views, the football world must be laughing their socks off at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I was feeling a bit bored so I’ve been on owlstalk to cheer myself up.

They have a thread where somebody has separated the clubs into categories from Elite, Massive, big, Average, Small and tinpot.

In the Elite there’s Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal.
    No clues as to which one the owls are in alongside Man City, Chelsea, Spurs etc.

At least they’ve given us average status which as level headed fans we except.

Doesn’t the person that came up with this sort of rubbish realize how stupid they make their clubs supporters look with their delusional views, the football world must be laughing their socks off at them.
    And IMO this inflated view has this effect:
    It attracts more support to the club - which in turn puts pressure on the owners to spend big.
    And that’s great while things are going well.
    But ........ when they don’t.

Still Yorkshire's most successful club with four league titles , three FA cups and one League cup .

To be honest the Wendy' who I've worked with have always been alreight and pretty down to earth .

That's in stark contrast to the nob heads up the M1 who really are arrogant and deluded , apparently they are signing Haaland this summer from Dortmund , aye and we are signing Harry Kane was my reply at work on friday night .

Back to the wendy's , hmmm it's a mess isn't it and I think they need to drop in to league one , clear the dead wood out and that owner of theirs sells up before things will get any better .

Pretty much how it played out at Leeds before they came back .

The club from directors to fans have got to get away from basing their standing on past glories, the sooner they realize that football is a hard slog and everyone has to work hard to get the rewards and no points are given for cups or titles won decades ago.
    I genuinely feel sorry for the realistic fans, it hurts when your club is going through a rough time but at time like that that you don’t put yourself up there to be mocked.

I agree that its shyte for the fans but let's be reight they should be in lg1 this season ennyrooard. They've been given more than an opportunity of retaining their championship status by only having 6pts deducted. It's the flip side to chucking money at it and not succeeding. At the end of the day they have had a shot at promotion to the Premier but failed in the 2016 play off final and the year after Hudders did them in the play off semis.

They may well do a great escape act as we did last season who knows? However, the signs of recovery don't look there to me. I personally hope we take another 3 points off them on 20th March and send them on their way down. Its amazing how fortunes have turned for our respective clubs in a short space of time.

If they do go down I can see them getting stuck there for some years!!
    You only have to look at some of the teams that have fantastic past histories struggling to make it in lower divisions.
    Blackpool, Bolton, Ipswich, Notts County, Sunderland, Forest and Huddersfield to name a few, 4 of these have suffered along with the pigs by Financial irregularities or mismanagement and for me deserve everything they have got through "chasing the promised land"

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    If they do go down I can see them getting stuck there for some years!!
    You only have to look at some of the teams that have fantastic past histories struggling to make it in lower divisions.
    Blackpool, Bolton, Ipswich, Notts County, Sunderland, Forest and Huddersfield to name a few, 4 of these have suffered along with the pigs by Financial irregularities or mismanagement and for me deserve everything they have got through "chasing the promised land"
    Precisely why I’d rather not bother.