+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oldham sack Kewell

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Bizarre decision. He got them firing after a very bad start and they're now relatively safe in midtable. A bit of a dip more recently, but surely he had done his first job which was to get them out of danger. There seem to be echoes of pre-Reedtz Notts County in the way Oldham have been run in recent years, and they will probably end up where we have.
    Did he get sacked from Notts for results or behind the scenes stuff i.e. falling out with part of the squad?

Could it be a repeat at Boundary Park

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Oldham. A club in turmoil when he went there, don't know if they got took over or not since
    A former Moroccan football agent has owned them for the past three years.
    They've finished in the bottom half of the table in each and every one of the last 11 seasons (that's going all the way back to 2009/10, our Munto season), finally got relegated to tier 4 in 2018 and then finished 14th and last season, 19th. On their forum there are mixed views about Kewell and his sacking but they don't seem surprised nor hopeful the next manager will make much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    From BBC sport.

The club are currently 16th in League One after a scoreless draw with Southend on Saturday.
    Oh dear, that had me tripped up. If they looked on their website they could have looked at the Leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Did he get sacked from Notts for results or behind the scenes stuff i.e. falling out with part of the squad?

Could it be a repeat at Boundary Park
    It wasn't just the squad he fell out with, it was most of the backroom staff, and Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    A former Moroccan football agent has owned them for the past three years.
    They've finished in the bottom half of the table in each and every one of the last 11 seasons (that's going all the way back to 2009/10, our Munto season), finally got relegated to tier 4 in 2018 and then finished 14th and last season, 19th. On their forum there are mixed views about Kewell and his sacking but they don't seem surprised nor hopeful the next manager will make much of a difference.
    May have owned them for 3 years but it was reported when Sheridan got sacked that players were not getting paid, the Owner wanting out. Sounds familiar

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    May have owned them for 3 years but it was reported when Sheridan got sacked that players were not getting paid, the Owner wanting out. Sounds familiar
    They have scored a lot of goals but also conceded loads. Another ex Notts man Curle appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    They have scored a lot of goals but also conceded loads. Another ex Notts man Curle appointed.
    No surprise there then. I see they've conceded the most goals in the division, 5 more than bottom of the pile Grimsby.

Tough for him, he might go off management/coaching after these experiences.

And Oldham's grim at the best of times, imagine it in the midst of covid19...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12