+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oldham sack Kewell

Oldham sack Kewell

Harry Kewell has today been relieved of his duties as Head Coach of Oldham Athletic.

Arriving in August 2020 he now leaves along with his assistant, Alan Maybury.

We would like to thank both for their efforts this season and wish them well in the future.

An announcement on a replacement will be communicated in due course with no further comment made until then.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/new...ell-statement/
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 07-03-2021 at 07:34 PM.

From BBC sport.

Former Liverpool and Leeds winger Harry Kewell has been sacked as manager of Oldham Athletic after just over seven months in charge.

The club are currently 16th in League One after a scoreless draw with Southend on Saturday.

The 42-year-old took over from Dino Maamria last August after spells with Crawley Town and Notts County.

Kewell said on Twitter that he was proud of his players and coaching staff and was leaving "without any regrets".

The Australian was Oldham's seventh different boss since Abdallah Lemsagam became owner in 2018.

"I honestly felt we were making good progress despite the inconsistency at times," added Kewell, who won the Champions League as a player with Liverpool in 2005 and represented his country at two World Cups.

"I knew coming into this job that I wouldn't have a budget to work with and that time wouldn't be on my side".

Kewell's assistant Alan Maybury is also leaving and the club say an announcement on a replacement will be made "in due course".

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    From BBC sport.

Former Liverpool and Leeds winger Harry Kewell has been sacked as manager of Oldham Athletic after just over seven months in charge.

The club are currently 16th in League One after a scoreless draw with Southend on Saturday.

The 42-year-old took over from Dino Maamria last August after spells with Crawley Town and Notts County.

Kewell said on Twitter that he was proud of his players and coaching staff and was leaving "without any regrets".

The Australian was Oldham's seventh different boss since Abdallah Lemsagam became owner in 2018.

"I honestly felt we were making good progress despite the inconsistency at times," added Kewell, who won the Champions League as a player with Liverpool in 2005 and represented his country at two World Cups.

"I knew coming into this job that I wouldn't have a budget to work with and that time wouldn't be on my side".

Kewell's assistant Alan Maybury is also leaving and the club say an announcement on a replacement will be made "in due course".

*Prays*
    Please, please let them come for Ardley..............

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    *Prays*
    League One experience - do you fancy a swap then?

Well at least he got more than 15 games before he was sacked.

Maybe he could follow Nolan's lead a become a successful first team coach at a Premier League club.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    League One experience - do you fancy a swap then?
    I would take the swap in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    *Prays*
    Amen to this!
    Please let there be a god!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Well at least he got more than 15 games before he was sacked.

Maybe he could follow Nolan's lead a become a successful first team coach at a Premier League club.
    Excellent post, what does it mean though?

Oldham. A club in turmoil when he went there, don't know if they got took over or not since

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Oldham. A club in turmoil when he went there, don't know if they got took over or not since
    Bizarre decision. He got them firing after a very bad start and they're now relatively safe in midtable. A bit of a dip more recently, but surely he had done his first job which was to get them out of danger. There seem to be echoes of pre-Reedtz Notts County in the way Oldham have been run in recent years, and they will probably end up where we have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast