+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klopp and Liverpool- are they finished ?

Klopp and Liverpool- are they finished ?

Watching the decline of Klopp’s one season wonders, makes you ask yourself, if they now have a future together. After the fantastic season they had last year, everyone thought the tables had turned and they would begin to dominate European football in more ways than one. In fact, it started to get boring watching them win most of the time , and leaving other teams in their wake. The truth was, the Premier League was drifting into oblivion , because the standard had dropped so low, with the other 19 teams ,who make up the so called best league in the world.
    Fast forward to this season, and you have the opposite effect. The decline had already set in when the Clarets went down the East Lancs road to inflict a home defeat on 5he mighty Reds, then 5 other teams followed suit and did the same, including powerhouses, Brighton and Fulham.
    Now you have a club who could still win the Champions League and that’s all. What you also have is a first team that is no good, the reserve players who are no good, and a manager ,who doesn’t know what to do about it. ( not the first time it has happened in his career) So that leaves me asking the question- can they bounce back , and should the club get rid of Klopp. Managers have been dismissed for less.

I think he's done so well with Liverpool, up to now, that they will write this season off and let him start the next. However if he doesn't get results next season I think they will act quickly and get rid.

They are two season wonders, not one season wonders. They need a rest.

When they signed Dick Van Dyke they became a proper team, soon as he got nobbled by Pickford the wheels fell off Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and they might never recover until Klippity leaves and Van Dyche moves in to sort it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    When they signed Dick Van Dyke they became a proper team, soon as he got nobbled by Pickford the wheels fell off Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and they might never recover until Klippity leaves and Van Dyche moves in to sort it all out.
    Some people will tell you there's no such thing as a one man team. Liverpool without Van Dyke are proving otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Some people will tell you there's no such thing as a one man team. Liverpool without Van Dyke are proving otherwise.
    I’m a bit the other way on this , yes he’s had an impact and so have a lot of injuries to them being honest——— but I believe there real problems lie at the other end of the pitch , players have decided they want away and all impetus lost - hard to point the finger at Klopp when the front men don’t look bothered

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    VDV made all the difference, he sorted out a shocking defence and brought genuine class and calmness, providing the springboard for Salah, Mane and Firminho to do their thing. Klopp should have bought Tarkowski to hold the back line together, Henderson at centre half just ain't going to work. Never was, never will.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    VDV made all the difference, he sorted out a shocking defence and brought genuine class and calmness, providing the springboard for Salah, Mane and Firminho to do their thing. Klopp should have bought Tarkowski to hold the back line together, Henderson at centre half just ain't going to work. Never was, never will.
    I don’t think we can argue that BT.

But watch Robertson and Alexander Arnold in a game current day against 12 months ago and you’ll see the difference the front three are different and these two full backs can’t deliver like they were doing as the runs have stopped , they used to be relentless, they could almost deliver without looking.

Today it’s a very different picture - stop start no fluency

Mourinho is talking about Bale's psychological rehabilitation and how his switch is back onto the "play button".

Somehow Klippity needs to do it with his collective because the lot of them are miles off.

Six successive home defeats in a row for the defending EPL Champions is totally without precedent.

Germany calling?

In hindsight the injury to Virgil Van Dijk was critical to Liverpool’s decline. Without his commanding presence at the back TAA and Andy Robertson have been nowhere near as effective as an attacking force and their formerly rock solid defence has oft resembled a leaky sieve. The decision to switch mildfielders into central defence has weakened the side in the midfield area and no-one has been able to replace VVD’s menace in the opposing penalty area or his goals. They should have signed a new top quality CB in the January transfer window (remember the poor run of results only commenced with Burnley winning at Anfield on January 21st). Thiago Alcantara has largely been a misfit. There has been some element on my part I admit of schadenfreude in watching Klopp squirm helplessly as his formerly invincible Reds plunge from one slough of despond into the next. However I expect them to be much more effective next season if VVD is fit and ready to return.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)