+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible new CB

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    In a crisis you can play a forward at center half a lot of us would remember Trevor Christie playing in that position. I think Les Bradd did a couple of times too.
    Why would you play a forward at CB if you can bring in another CB?

Out of curiosity, if we went down that route, who would you play at CB?

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    He may have scored 17 goals last season but where they playing out from the back like us or did they get the ball up to him early.

In a crisis you can play a forward at center half a lot of us would remember Trevor Christie playing in that position. I think Les Bradd did a couple of times too.
    They were from an era where footballers were proper mesters. The Technical aspect of football has evolved beyond recognition to the extent that very few footballers are versatile and can play multiple positions to a decent standard.
    I agree that when Effiong plays it should be with a tactic of getting the ball up to him quickly or getting the wingers getting to the by-line crossing for him to attack. That would play to his strengths.
    Effiong is not a direct replacement for Wooton with the way we play.

Sam certainly seems to split opinions.

They've been good signings all 3 of them. The one position NA does know a good player it seems is centre back.

Just out of interest, How do you think all of the other clubs in this division manage on smaller budgets and smaller playing squads... Personally i think we should manage with what we have, because we have gone down this route of signing players to cover positions and we are still no better off..

Did Golden at least go back to Salford when he got injured?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Just out of interest, How do you think all of the other clubs in this division manage on smaller budgets and smaller playing squads... Personally i think we should manage with what we have, because we have gone down this route of signing players to cover positions and we are still no better off..
    How do they manage? They manage, because they have to.

We’ve got two fit CB’s. We have the resources(very fortunate) to bring in cover. But, we shouldn’t?

Worlds apart, but that worked well for Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    How do they manage? They manage, because they have to.

We’ve got two fit CB’s. We have the resources(very fortunate) to bring in cover. But, we shouldn’t?

Worlds apart, but that worked well for Liverpool.
    All of the clubs Durham has alluded to don’t have aspirations of getting out of this league so why would it make sense to invest in players? It wouldn’t. If you are at the bottom with no threat of relegation why waste money? Kings Lynn know they won’t be relegated so can furlough players... makes our draw to them even worse. They are not alone.
    I am sure if Stockport had a few injuries in a key position they would go out and get someone in. Or is their budget so much worse than ours?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    All of the clubs Durham has alluded to don’t have aspirations of getting out of this league so why would it make sense to invest in players? It wouldn’t. If you are at the bottom with no threat of relegation why waste money? Kings Lynn know they won’t be relegated so can furlough players... makes our draw to them even worse. They are not alone.
    I am sure if Stockport had a few injuries in a key position they would go out and get someone in. Or is their budget so much worse than ours?
    Sorry Notts 78, are they questions for me to respond to?

Understand and agree with points re aspirations and Kings Lynn result being even worse.

I would imagine Stockport’s budget is very similar to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    KL have just signed a player i believe since playing us & since furloughing players

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    KL have just signed a player i believe since playing us & since furloughing players
    Interesting and I wonder what the circumstances are. Sounds very wrong.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast