+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Possible new CB

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Quarter final at ML. Lost 2-1?
    That’s the one. Wasn’t Andy Gray virtually lying on the floor when he scored?

I’m clearly much older than I think.

He was, a diving header where the ball even bounced before he headed it

Quote Originally Posted by SongBird View Post
    He was, a diving header where the ball even bounced before he headed it
    As young Pie, he broke my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Effing or Wolfe might be up to the job.
    Was 'Effing' intended, or a missed key? It's just that it's close something I've shouted at my screen a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Was 'Effing' intended, or a missed key? It's just that it's close something I've shouted at my screen a few times.
    Oops well spotted. I'm not entirely sure whether it needs correcting

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    How do they manage? They manage, because they have to.

We’ve got two fit CB’s. We have the resources(very fortunate) to bring in cover. But, we shouldn’t?

Worlds apart, but that worked well for Liverpool.
    I think you are missing the point. He didnt make it very well but I think in essecence it is that this new players policy for cover or whatever every time there is an injury has not worked and for the most part he's correct the ones we have brought in have not been much chop and perhaps it might have been better to play a squad member out of position or HEAVEN FORBID change the formation and tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I think you are missing the point. He didnt make it very well but I think in essecence it is that this new players policy for cover or whatever every time there is an injury has not worked and for the most part he's correct the ones we have brought in have not been much chop and perhaps it might have been better to play a squad member out of position or HEAVEN FORBID change the formation and tactics.
    If he had played a squad member out of position and he cocked up Ardley would be crucified for not bringing somebody in when he had the chance. The majority of managers with any brains would love to bring in fresh legs at this stage of the season.

So, the ‘new players policy’ hasn’t worked. I wouldn’t disagree with that and, on occasions, I’ve questioned if we have too many players. I also understand the comment re possibly playing a squad member out of position. We are now in a situation where we have 2 fit CB and a fixture congestion. We are also in a very fortunate position where we can bring in cover, why wouldn’t we?

- because it hadn’t worked previously, if that were the case we’d never bring in any new players again
    - you’ve suggested change formation/tactics, I’m not aware of any formation that doesn’t require a minimum of 2 CB
    - CB, in my opinion, is a very skilled position. It’s not like you can play a CM out wide e.g. Jim O’Brien. Particularly if it’s for more than one game. Then if you look at the current squad, who could drop in at CB? Brindley, but he’s injured.
    - finally, on paper, we’ve made a good signing for our level. It’s not a massive gamble on a young untested player.

There’s nothing in the above that suggests to me, we shouldn’t have signed a CB.

Have I missed the point? However it’s dressed up, we were short at CB. We have the ability to bring in cover and, in my opinion, we were right to do so.

You don't think the manager has changed the formation this season? Sayyy whatttt? Are you kidding me?!

If anything he's changed it too much either depending on opposition or trying to find a system that works consistently well which he hasn't.

What formation are you suggesting?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You don't think the manager has changed the formation this season? Sayyy whatttt? Are you kidding me?!

If anything he's changed it too much either depending on opposition or trying to find a system that works consistently well which he hasn't.

What formation are you suggesting?
    He's changed formation, but only from one defensive formation to a different defensive formation.

I would suggest an attacking formation.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345