+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible new CB

Possible new CB

Notts County are closing in on a deal to sign centre-back Mark Ellis from Tranmere Rovers. They are currently down to two centre-backs as Ben Turner is currently out injured with a calf injury.

https://twitter.com/LeighCurtis_NP/s...56994450694158

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Notts County are closing in on a deal to sign centre-back Mark Ellis from Tranmere Rovers. They are currently down to two centre-backs as Ben Turner is currently out injured with a calf injury.

Looking at the comments on tw@tter it sounds like he could be a useful addition. Anyone know much about him or seen him play?

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Looking at the comments on tw@tter it sounds like he could be a useful addition. Anyone know much about him or seen him play?
    I hope he likes sitting down..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I hope he likes sitting down..
    Been out with some rough uns in my time but never an injured calf.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post

If it happens, once again excellent backing from the owners. I just hope the manager repays their support.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If it happens, once again excellent backing from the owners. I just hope the manager repays their support.
    Ellis has bags of experience (he's 32), but did his ACL in 2019, I think. Came back last year, but it doesn't look like he's been playing much. Let's hope he's able to get match fit immediately and can alternate with Rawlinson and Lacey when needed. Being able to play Ardleyball (i.e., messing around with the ball at the back) will also help.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Being able to play Ardleyball (i.e., messing around with the ball at the back) will also help.
    Yeah, welcome to a high stakes keep ball game across your own 18 yard box, no forward ball to play just a bawling out guaranteed

Ellis has bags of experience (he's 32), but did his ACL in 2019, I think. Came back last year, but it doesn't look like he's been playing much. Let's hope he's able to get match fit immediately and can alternate with Rawlinson and Lacey when needed. Being able to play Ardleyball (i.e., messing around with the ball at the back) will also help.
    I prefer to call it HArdley Football or even 2me2U if you'd prefer.

I know Notts having an identity and a recognisable style of footy appeals to some, but not this style.

I got no problems with the style...
    as long as it fits the personnel and they're able to execute it. If they can't (and they can't), it's a disaster waiting to happen and a recipe for playing most of the game in your own half, even at home against poor sides

Good point. We certainly can't afford to risk someone who takes half a dozen games to get up to speed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast