+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Mecca Bingo in Rotherham Not Reopening

O/T Mecca Bingo in Rotherham Not Reopening

My wife & her sister had been going to the Mecca bingo in Rotherham, a couple of times a month, before the Covid-19 lockdown.
    Mecca bingo has messaged saying that the bingo hall will not re-open at all, in Rotherham.
    My wife says its a very big place inside, with a kitchen etc, could Wetherspoon's come in
    for the building, with only having Bluecoats now in Rotherham.
    The hill up to Bluecoats is not ideal for walking up to, so another Wetherspoons in the
    town centre, could be on the cards, we will wait developments, to what happens with the building.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 06-05-2021 at 11:22 AM.

Can't see Wetherspoons wanting it when they moved out of Rhinos and the one in the old Yorkshire bank.

There's a bingo place at Mushroom garage.

Ideal for wetherspoons they do a lot of ex cinemas up (as that once was). I went in a marvellous one in Cardiff a couple of years ago, they had the balconies/ curtains/ stage lights the lot all very tastily done.

Its the Prince of Wales by the way. Well worth a visit if in Cardiff-pity no one cant celebrate in it this weekend after the match!

Name:  24.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  84.8 KB

Name:  19.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  100.5 KB
    Last edited by rolymiller; 06-05-2021 at 01:23 PM.

That used to be Gala, Great fire, renamed Buzz wife was saying.

There could be a carrot dangled for Wetherspoons to take it on, cheaper rates etc, they did
    look at the old Nat West as a possible pub, after closing Rhino's, the Mecca building a
    better prospect than the old Nat West.

'spoons in Llandudno was a cinema conversion, as was the one in Harrogate I think.

One of the more famous conversions from a cinema to a 'spoons is the Montagu Pyke on Charing Cross Road, London

This building was opened in 1911 by the pioneer cinema entrepreneur Montagu Pyke as his 16th and last cinema, the Cambridge Circus Cinematograph Theatre. It was known as the Tatler for many years, and the Jacey Cinema, before becoming the home of the Marquee Club from 1986 to 1996. It was then that 'spoons converted it to a pub. Many famous bands appeared at the Marquee

Been in the Wetherspoons, called the ' Palladium ' a few times in Llandudno, always full,
    but plenty of bar staff, did not rate the real ales they had on offer.
    Best pint I had was in the British Legion Club, across from our hotel, hand pulled Doom Bar,
    yet doom bar beer around our local pubs sometimes is crap.

I've heard its going to be turned into "Housey, Houses"

I'll get my coat

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    I've heard its going to be turned into "Housey, Houses"

I'll get my coat
    I'll gi thi bus fare

Yet another indicator of how the demographics of Rotherham is changing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast