+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No positive covid tests

No positive covid tests

Our entire first-team playing squad and staff have this morning tested negative for Covid-19.

It is now mandatory for National League clubs to carry out testing the day before each match and we’re pleased to say we have been given the all-clear ahead of tomorrow evening’s visit of Halifax Town.

This obligation has been placed on clubs following the commencement of the government’s free Covid-19 testing programme, which provides registered workplaces with access to rapid testing.

A statement from our board of directors reads: “Having funded our own regular testing programme, which has helped identify a number of positive cases, we are pleased that the league have now imposed this directive on all clubs.

“While the long-term picture is beginning to look a little brighter, Covid still poses a huge risk to society and, as a club, we feel we have a duty to protect our players, staff, opponents and the wider public as best we can.

“We will continue to inform supporters of our pre-match testing results moving forward.”

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...esting-080321/

No news of the Halifax results, so it's still fingers crossed!

When the late John McGrath became Halifax Town manager, he said his ambition was to change the most well-used phrase in football: "Halifax Town nil". On this occasion, however, that's exactly what we're hoping to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No news of the Halifax results, so it's still fingers crossed!

Had one of those 20 minute tests the other day that showed me as 'negative'. For Covid that is, not my views generally.

Am I right in thinking Eli, that you and I have now reached the peak of our immunity?

When are the turnstiles opening?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Am I right in thinking Eli, that you and I have now reached the peak of our immunity?

When are the turnstiles opening?
    As I understood it we don't get peak immunity until we've had the second jab.

If we're allowed back after 2nd May we should both tick the box.