+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Should we earn the same as Man City?

O/T Should we earn the same as Man City?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/56240686

An article about equal pay between men and women in sports and arguments as to why it should be implemented across the board (including football).

So, if we set aside the silly notions of supply and demand and public interest pushing a products value through sponsorship etc should we not be paid the same as Man City in advertising and sponsorships? I mean if the argument is the game is the same then surely it is for us also?

Of course this opening to the thread contains no shred of sarcasm. I wouldn't dare.

Would you pay the same to watch the England women's team as the England men's team?

This isn't anything to do with equality it's a quality or a supply and demand issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Would you pay the same to watch the England women's team as the England men's team?

This isn't anything to do with equality it's a quality or a supply and demand issue.
    Well, I'd pay to see the Millers, but England - men or women - are either worth it?

At least you have a few good times as a Miller for less money.....like the last game, for instance...
    Last edited by sawmiller; 08-03-2021 at 04:49 PM.

But for some reason that all too plainly obvious observation doesn't get through to some people. It isn't a gender issue, it's a quality issue. Simple as that.

All I can say is if they do go with linking prize money to viewing figures then all the male beach volleyball players better start looking for a new job

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    All I can say is if they do go with linking prize money to viewing figures then all the male beach volleyball players better start looking for a new job
    Women golfers deserve the same as men as long as they wear those.....

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    😂😂 very true! Although they don't want it linked with viewership, they want it equal for doing the same sport hence why we have an argument we should get the same as Man City etc. Then again a team further down such as Yeovil would have a claim to our money! But then.... you get the idea.

Would you pay the same to watch the England women's team as the England men's team?.
    No but I'd pay to watch Norway or Sweden,s female teams where's I would pay to watch their men's teams

I watched England Ladies at NYS a few years ago and it was dire, good job it was only a fiver, never again even if it was free......