+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barnsley. Will our boys be canonised or cannon fodder?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I spent Saturday afternoons in the company of a very active Shirley in skimpy clothes

But so did you

Shirley Crabtree
    Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Each to their own.
    Big Daddy I think, or Giant haystacks on ITV from 4 till 5: introduced by the curiously named Kent Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Big Daddy I think, or Giant haystacks on ITV from 4 till 5: introduced by the curiously named Kent Walton
    The former. His nephew Eorl played for Huddersfield Giants (RL) for years and is a mate of Robbie Savage. Can’t say I was ever a fan of wrestling.

Barnsley fans seem to be saying we finished stronger and could have nicked it. Good to hear. There’ll be no goals in Yorkshire this season now, but a good point. Don’t think anyone predicted a 0-0.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Barnsley fans seem to be saying we finished stronger and could have nicked it. Good to hear. There’ll be no goals in Yorkshire this season now, but a good point. Don’t think anyone predicted a 0-0.
    Shinnie will never go closer without scoring

Great effort by Shinnie, on the other hand Gregory's effort was naff - poor control but should have shot first time anyway!
    Draw a fair result and a point is welcome!

They had that one chance early doors 2nd half. We had one Gregory should have hit first time and the deflected Shinnie shot that hit the post. That was about it.

With regard to selection, I got it right about him picking the big lads to counter their up n under tactics, less correct on the personnel chosen.

It wasn't pretty to watch and there ws very little "proper" football played. Roos was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    They had that one chance early doors 2nd half. We had one Gregory should have hit first time and the deflected Shinnie shot that hit the post. That was about it.

With regard to selection, I got it right about him picking the big lads to counter their up n under tactics, less correct on the personnel chosen.

It wasn't pretty to watch and there ws very little "proper" football played. Roos was excellent.
    was it just my untutored eye or were Barnsley pretty poor?

Looks like the ref must have had a decent game. Someone had to....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Looks like the ref must have had a decent game. Someone had to....
    IMO he did have a decent game, GP.

Andy...... they were surprised we mirrored them in both formation and tactics. They aren't used to it and struggled with playing "against themselves". I'm just wondering what we might have managed had we also gone like for like on formation and tactics with the likes of Rotherham etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)