+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley. Will our boys be canonised or cannon fodder?

Barnsley. Will our boys be canonised or cannon fodder?

On current form I can't see anything but a shellacking on wednesday but someone may have other views

Anyone?

Cannon fodder, I fear. Our record in Yarksheer is about as bad as it gets this season...don’t think we’ve managed a point or even a single goal over the border yet.
    Can’t see that changing tomorrow night which will probably make that Gunt from Barnsley even more unbearable and Saturday against Millwall horribly, horribly tense.
    I’ve seldom wanted to be totally wrong as much as this but...3-0 to the form side of the Championship.

Perhaps cannelloni as in minced and eaten in a sauce

I do however find it hard to perceive this Barnsley team as promotion / premiership material despite their results suggesting otherwise

On the basis of current form it should be a case of 'they don't like it up 'em' and we sure don't!
    Can I imagine a scenario where Wayne can conjure up some attacking threat with a goal or two thrown in? Can I imagine our sideways shuffle being replaced by positivity with probing forward passes? Can I............... oh why bother!
    Let's keep it short and simple, the form book rules......3-0 to Barnsley!

We might get lucky, who knows what we'll turn up with, if we turn up! I'm not sure right now, will have a couple of beers before predicting a 5-0 victory...

1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Perhaps cannelloni as in minced and eaten in a sauce

I do however find it hard to perceive this Barnsley team as promotion / premiership material despite their results suggesting otherwise
    r

Or Cannon Hall Museum just outside town. It's better than watching Derby get a good hiding. There are lots of old relics, maybe there'll be a cardboard cut out of a trophy you once won. With names of the squad written on papyrus.

Seirously, I think some of you are playing mind games. Everyone knows this will be close and could go either way. I'll say 2-2.
    Last edited by GUNTERYY36; 08-03-2021 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    r

Or Cannon Hall Museum just outside town. It's better than watching Derby get a good hiding. There are lots of old relics, maybe there'll be a cardboard cut out of a trophy you once won. With names of the squad written on papyrus.

Seirously, I think some of you are playing mind games. Everyone knows this will be close and could go either way. I'll say 2-2.
    Lol...at least we don’t have to go back to 1912...but, to paraphrase what is probably one of your favourite songs...‘Tomorrow belongs to you’.

Tbh...there’s about as much chance of us winning at Oakwell as there is of Liverpool winning at Anfield...and there are two things I never thought I’d write.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 08-03-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Earlier I went for 1-1. Having thought about it I'm changing that to 3-1. Barnsley play route 1 and, as we know, this Derby team struggles against that style. They will lump the ball into our box from jus about everywhere on the park. They will full court press and harry and we can't deal with that or haven't done so this season at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Earlier I went for 1-1. Having thought about it I'm changing that to 3-1. Barnsley play route 1 and, as we know, this Derby team struggles against that style. They will lump the ball into our box from jus about everywhere on the park. They will full court press and harry and we can't deal with that or haven't done so this season at any rate.
    That's a good observation. I'm going to go with 3-2 defeat, I expect they'll have worked hard on attacking in training and might therefore score a couple of consolations, but won't be able to handle Barnsley's approach.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)