+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Knight signs

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    This is just the kind of signing I want us to be making, young hungry up and coming players who are looking to make it in the game and move up through the leagues. Hopefully in tandem with the clubs progress.
    100% agree. Far better than signing ex-league players on a gentle or steep decline. Cal Roberts was a great signing last season and hopefully this lad will be the same. They're looking upwards and forward to the best years of their career and that youth and hunger is exactly what we need. Obviously you need to scout and sign the right ones, but that's the key test of the management team and Football Radar.

As Mad Magpie said earlier just the sort of signing and player profile I want the club to make. No guarantees, always a risk naturally but great age, fan favourite, good productivity.

Looks like more good business, and the positive recruitment hopefully continues.

If Ardley goes as so many want, I assume Knight and many others will still be under contract so great news for the next manager if that ends up being the case.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I get the impression he's also played as an attacking midfielder for BPA with great success too, so that versatility might be another asset for us. Has pace to burn according to BPA fans, which is a good improvement to our squad methinks.
    What are the odds that he will start tomorrow night at left-back😂

Heard he's not bad at long throws

I think I'll write to NA and explain that if we want to beat the high press then Knight should never be nearer our goal than the half-way line and the ball should be moved quickly (for NA that is Q U I C K L Y) over the pressing players for our fast players to run on to.

Doyle should also play in goal. The defenders will be scared out of their wits to let the ball get anywhere near him and will have to move it Q U I C K L Y into the opposition half to avoid an earful from Doyle.

PS I'm applying for any forthcoming managerial vacancy in advance. I'm sure the Reedtz bros will appreciate my initiative and uncomplicated style as re-listening to AH's explanation as to how NA was head and shoulders above the other candidates with an ind depth analysis of how we were leaking goals makes me realise we don't understand how to play rush football I trust I can count on your support and not have any of these "Manager out" threads or Pedro feeling sick (well actually I don't mind that - self inflicted I'd say).

Good luck Knight (have we ever had a player called Day?)

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    What are the odds that he will start tomorrow night at left-back😂
    , if he does I cry

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I think I'll write to NA and explain that if we want to beat the high press then Knight should never be nearer our goal than the half-way line and the ball should be moved quickly (for NA that is Q U I C K L Y) over the pressing players for our fast players to run on to.

Doyle should also play in goal. The defenders will be scared out of their wits to let the ball get anywhere near him and will have to move it Q U I C K L Y into the opposition half to avoid an earful from Doyle.
    Sorry, but if Neal Ardley reads this board that's given me a bizarre mental image of him thumbing through his dictionary to look up the meaning of Q U I C K L Y.

"Pass it backwards, they haven't got back to mark us yet".

Mmmm, sounds a bit like a young fella we had on the books last season

Sam Osbourne...

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Mmmm, sounds a bit like a young fella we had on the books last season

Sam Osbourne...
    Imagine if he's actually better than Wonderboy Osborne. I know it's difficult, but just imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Imagine if he's actually better than Wonderboy Osborne. I know it's difficult, but just imagine.
    And what if he's not?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast