+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Knight signs

He won't turn out to be a good signing.

Fingers crossed there won't be a 'Knight Must Go' thread within a month of him signing like there was with Sam!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    He won't turn out to be a good signing.

Fingers crossed there won't be a 'Knight Must Go' thread within a month of him signing like there was with Sam!
    What's that supposed to mean? I asked "what if he wasn't better than Osbourne" and you reply with this! As far as I'm aware nobody's said he won't be a good signing. No wonder people find you so tiresome, just answer the question if you're capable of doing so.

Eh?

I answered, if he's not as good as Osborne he wouldn't be classed as a good signing IMO.

Obviously nobody has any idea whether he will be a good signing or not, like a lot of Notts signings this season and last.

All we know is he's a good age, performed well from Bradford PA and fits the profile of the club's recruitment policy under this management team and owners.

Fingers crossed.

From the Bradford Telegraph & Argus:

"With Knight's contract about to expire in the summer, the T&A understand County has signed him on a minimal up-front fee with Avenue having interest in any future fee".

Seems he didn't cost a lot, let's hope he does enough to cost us a bit more.

I really hope he can learn fast how to track back. No point in simply scoring goals or being and exciting attacking talent in an Ardley team if you can’t defend - you will quickly find yourself out of favour

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I really hope he can learn fast how to track back. No point in simply scoring goals or being and exciting attacking talent in an Ardley team if you can’t defend - you will quickly find yourself out of favour
    In his first training session, Ardley saw him run with the ball, and said to Greg he can stop doing that for a start, he thinks he's still playing for Bradford Park Avenue

Will he be allowed over the half way line?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I think I'll write to NA and explain that if we want to beat the high press then Knight should never be nearer our goal than the half-way line and the ball should be moved quickly (for NA that is Q U I C K L Y) over the pressing players for our fast players to run on to.

Doyle should also play in goal. The defenders will be scared out of their wits to let the ball get anywhere near him and will have to move it Q U I C K L Y into the opposition half to avoid an earful from Doyle.

PS I'm applying for any forthcoming managerial vacancy in advance. I'm sure the Reedtz bros will appreciate my initiative and uncomplicated style as re-listening to AH's explanation as to how NA was head and shoulders above the other candidates with an ind depth analysis of how we were leaking goals makes me realise we don't understand how to play rush football I trust I can count on your support and not have any of these "Manager out" threads or Pedro feeling sick (well actually I don't mind that - self inflicted I'd say).

Good luck Knight (have we ever had a player called Day?)
    Morning OP..
    I Was feeling sick as someone had mentioned there was a possibility Ardley was signed on a 6 year contract..
    Just the thought makes me .......!
    Oh I feel sick ...!

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Will he be allowed over the half way line?
    Only if he takes throw ins..!

Where's this rumour of a 6 year contract come from?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast