+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Knight signs

Lewis Knight signs

We have signed exciting Bradford Park Avenue forward Lewis Knight on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

Knight, a fans’ favourite and the Avenue’s top scorer with nine goals this season, joined the Horsfall outfit in 2018 and signed a new one-year deal last summer.

But, with BPA’s season declared null and void and his contract nearing expiry, we have paid a nominal fee to secure the former Leeds trainee's services until 2023.

The pacey 22-year-old is known for assisting goals as well as scoring them and he’ll be hoping to live up to that reputation at Meadow Lane by making a big contribution to our promotion push.

He will, however, be cup-tied for our Buildbase FA Trophy semi-final against Hornchurch.

Manager Neal Ardley said: “As you saw with Cal Roberts last season, we're always looking for young, hungry players who have something about them.

"We've watched Lewis for a while. Our scouts flagged him up at first and we got some more feedback from people who we know, and they told us that this boy had a real chance of going places.

"He's lightning quick and likes to run in behind. He's got the ability to leave people for dead, and I like to have that among our forward players. We need people who can create things when teams sit in on us.

"Lewis is a good finisher and he's developed his game so that he's better with his back to goal.

"He's raw still - he needs coaching but he has a desire and hunger to improve, which we like.

"He's had a few weeks off because Bradford's season ended, so we need to get him fit and up to speed, but there's no reason why he can't start by having an impact off the bench and, if he earns the right, he could go on to play a big part this season."

----------------------------------
    https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2021/march/lewis-knight-signs-080321/
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-03-2021 at 05:39 PM.

"The Magpies have paid a nominal fee to Park Avenue for the ex-Leeds youngster who has scored nine goals in 14 National League North games before the season was halted due to the coronavirus pandemic."

Seems to fit the same mould as young Mr. Roberts in terms of background. Released from top club, banging them in at a lower level.

Fingers crossed he can do it for us!

-----------------------
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/notts-county-sign-non-league-5086956

We have signed exciting Bradford Park Avenue forward Lewis Knight on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

Knight, a fans’ favourite and the Avenue’s top scorer with nine goals this season, joined the Horsfall outfit in 2018 and signed a new one-year deal last summer.

But, with BPA’s season declared null and void and his contract nearing expiry, we have paid a nominal fee to secure the former Leeds trainee's services until 2023.

The pacey 22-year-old is known for assisting goals as well as scoring them and he’ll be hoping to live up to that reputation at Meadow Lane by making a big contribution to our promotion push.

He will, however, be cup-tied for our Buildbase FA Trophy semi-final against Hornchurch.

Knight training 1600.png

Manager Neal Ardley said: “As you saw with Cal Roberts last season, we're always looking for young, hungry players who have something about them.

"We've watched Lewis for a while. Our scouts flagged him up at first and we got some more feedback from people who we know, and they told us that this boy had a real chance of going places.

"He's lightning quick and likes to run in behind. He's got the ability to leave people for dead, and I like to have that among our forward players. We need people who can create things when teams sit in on us.

"Lewis is a good finisher and he's developed his game so that he's better with his back to goal.

"He's raw still - he needs coaching but he has a desire and hunger to improve, which we like.

"He's had a few weeks off because Bradford's season ended, so we need to get him fit and up to speed, but there's no reason why he can't start by having an impact off the bench and, if he earns the right, he could go on to play a big part this season."

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...-signs-080321/
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 08-03-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Good signing, with an eye on the future. Injuries aside, let’s hope for a similar impact(maybe not immediately) as Cal Roberts

just what we need more speed and a goal scorer.

I get the impression he's also played as an attacking midfielder for BPA with great success too, so that versatility might be another asset for us. Has pace to burn according to BPA fans, which is a good improvement to our squad methinks.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-03-2021 at 05:50 PM.

I only said at the weekend I thought we needed to go out and find a proper goal scorer but couldn’t see it with 4 forwards. Obviously not proven season on season but sounds promising.

Looks like an exciting signing to me. Anyone know what kind of 'forward' he is? From a quick google it looks like he's a CF (rather than a winger etc). From his photos he doesn't strike me as a big bloke, so presumably he's got pace and is a bit of a poacher?

Edit - According to this article he spent last year as a right winger and then was switched to up front this season.
    https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....-notts-county/

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post

"He needs coaching"
    Uh-ohh

This is just the kind of signing I want us to be making, young hungry up and coming players who are looking to make it in the game and move up through the leagues. Hopefully in tandem with the clubs progress.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast