+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry game off

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    From the YP article, looks like punishment (if appropriate) would be financial

The League investigates all Covid-19 postponements and gave Grimsby Town a suspended fine when lax protocol enforcement stopped games against Bradford City and Hull City being played as planned.
    Lax protocol enforcement?

That must be difficult to prove retrospectively unless it’s a really obvious incident or somebody has reported them

Any organisation faced with an EFL investigation would make sure current practices are following the guidance

Initial response is worry, when are we going to get the games in? Surely we will have to try and play during the international break with anyone who we have games called off with? If they want to of course

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well, to be fair it’s starting to look a bit dodgy.

Bad luck and just chance ? Probably

But outsiders are bound to ask “ what the hell is happening there?”

Why at Rotherham but not at local rivals?

What makes them different?
    To be fair, I think we would probably be asking questions if this was happening at one of our relegation rivals.
    Also, won't it seem a bit strange if none of the Wednesday players now test positive considering the virus must have been rife in our camp when we played them?

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Initial response is worry, when are we going to get the games in? Surely we will have to try and play during the international break with anyone who we have games called off with? If they want to of course
    Can’t imagine teams with players away on international duty will be too keen on playing or give up the break to rest their players.

Not a chance I would have thought tbh pal.

One of the things Grimsby players did was still went to training ground and played darts and games etc..which Holloway thought would be good idea to keep up team spirit whilst they wernt playing or training....

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Can’t imagine teams with players away on international duty will be too keen on playing or give up the break to rest their players.

I agree. No-one is going to make it easy for us are they? Why should they?

Have we got a super spreader of this virus within the club?

Some might be glad to play in international week, they still get rest of week off, they still have to play us at some point meaning putting extra pressure/games on them

This is very worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post

I agree, we wouldn't if it were on the other foot. I'm just trying to see a way in which we can fulfill the games. Whether we stay up or not we have to at least play all the games. Other teams should really look at this as an opportunity to gain ground on us, we could be miles behind time we play again. Even with 300 hundred games in hand. I just want us to be able to fulfil the games at some stage. The season wont be moved for us.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast