+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: There can be no more excuses.

What right do we have to be top?

Notts Fans hounding out another decent manager. Ardley is second to Keith Curle in win percentage and higher than Nolan.

Ardley isn't going anywhere. So put your dummies in and support the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post

Notts Fans hounding out another decent manager. Ardley is second to Keith Curle in win percentage and higher than Nolan.

Where did you get the idea that any of us don't support the team? I don't think we have a right to be top, but I do think we have a right to expect better performances than we are seeing. Do you think Ardley is getting the best from his squad?

Do we have a good idea what level of performance we're going to get tonight?

I think most will log into the stream not knowing what to expect. It's the fact that, at any time, it can collapse to such an abject, bunch of strangers level which is really damning.
    Let's hope tonight is one of the better nights.

Precisely.

This is Ardley we’re talking about, he’ll always have excuses.

‘Team selection and tactics’ never seem to be amongst them though.

Almost all managers have the A-Z on excuses, it's what's needed when during your career you lose countless games. I've certainly heard the A-Z and back again from Notts managers post match over the years.

Team selection has been very good IMO , it's the tactics/approach that's been the clear issue. He just hasn't got it right yet. The key question is will he?

Wasting your time Russ. Some have made their minds up about Ardley and stuck with it.
    Some believe that we haven’t challenged the top spot over the last 2 seasons. We will never know what could have happened last year, but Ardley bottled the final (apparently).
    Then their is this season. We are sat in the play offs having played fewer games than those above us. IF we win those games in hand we go close to the top.
    This side and this manager has the capability of going on a run that sees us challenge. Will they? Who knows. That’s the beauty of football. Games are not won by the size of the playing budget, or the facilities a club has. It’s 11v11. Here is hoping for a win tonight and a quiet board for at least a few days.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-03-2021 at 04:52 PM.

Well said Russ_OTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Wasting your time Russ. Some have made their minds up about Ardley and stuck with it.
    Some believe that we haven’t challenged the top spot over the last 2 seasons. We will never know what could have happened last year, but Ardley bottled the final (apparently).
    Then their is this season. We are sat in the play offs having played fewer games than those above us. IF we win those games in hand we go close to the top.
    This side and this manager has the capability of going on a run that sees us challenge. Will they? Who knows. That’s the beauty of football. Games are not won by the size of the playing budget, or the facilities a club has. It’s 11v11. Here is hoping for a win tonight and a quiet board for at least a few days.
    Hear! Hear!

We have no right to be top, you have to respect the league we are in.

We can't go around saying we have the right to turn up and beat someone because of our name, however no one can deny we have a top level budget with the some of the best (possibly the best) attackers in the league but we are 15th/16th in goals scored per game this season. That is not good enough & will probably be our downfall in the long run.

In regards to Ardleys win percentage, that really is not an achivement with this squad in this league, anything less than what he has done so far would be the sign of a poor manager.

I really do hope we go out and stuff Halifax 5-0 and I eat humble pie, trust me nothing would make me happier!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast