+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: There can be no more excuses.

Based on the fact that you've only got two teams being promoted and relegated between this league and L2 per season, you would expect considerable overlap between the quality of teams at the top of this league and the bottom of L2, wouldn't you?

I would imagine that the top six in this league are at least comparable to the bottom in League Two, otherwise you would see the same teams bouncing between the two leagues each season. We don't see that... it's pretty rare for a team to be demoted to Bananarama only to return to L2 the following season, and likewise the teams promoted from here usually end up in fairly safe spots on the L2 ladder at the end of the first season.

Or am I totally nuts? Always an option.

Cheers,
    Roger Rabbit

Great question and post Roger. I haven't checked but I imagine the history books support your contention regarding the 1st season for promoted and relegated sides.

And I'm not just saying that because Jampie is Laddo and Laddo is Jampie.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Great question and post Roger. I haven't checked but I imagine the history books support your contention regarding the 1st season for promoted and relegated sides.

And I'm not just saying that because Jampie is Laddo and Laddo is Jampie.
    I knew the banarama reference would stir your loins..!
    It's a cruel summer now your gone..!

Barrow look to be heading back straight away although their promotion was sort of fake. Apparently someone from the national league board wants them back anyway.

Did he offer any excuses for that abomination?

How's about NERVES ?!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Jesus. It was four words.

This season No Excuses.

You can't get a much simpler statement. Anyway you get the gist now, NA has had everything he needs.
    Your four words also included #?

After tonight, do you still think NA is the right manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Did he offer any excuses for that abomination?
    Apparently its because we are like Liverpool.

I’ve supported Ardley during his spell here and will continue to do so.
    This was based on what I considered a decent first season in this league.
    From then on I’ve wanted to see progression but still accept we will stutter, like any team.
    However the last 4 weeks have felt more than a stutter. We’re throwing money at transfers that don’t seem to be adding anything, the performances have been diabolical and that is now reflecting in the results.
    I don’t see that we’re playing negative tactics. I just see we’re hopelessly failing at trying to play a quick passing game because we can’t seem to pass the ball, and have lost the fight.
    Either way it’s down to Ardley to sort, and he needs to do it quick.

Hounding out a decent manager?? No ones hounding out anyone after 3 seasons, just got their opinions that this guy is taking us nowhere and that seems to be the case, we're going backwards. Have we ever played say 5 games in a row where we're really good and play with style? No. Are we set up to be the most successful team in the league? Yes. Can Ardley go and get pretty much any player he can when he wants? Yes. Does getting these players make us play better? No. Does he have an over reliance on a crap centre midfield? Yes. Can we see what Enzio would do unleashed like last night for the goal? Yes. Do we think he'll be doing this regularly? No.

Some Notts fans really have settled into non league and think we shouldn't be top. Why shouldn't we? Barrow did it last year and like Sutton this, why are they able to do it and we're not? People's expectations have really lowered and this is really due to Ardley continually telling us that we're doing well when we're getting worse. True we have games in hand but don't fancy us to win them all and don't fancy us in one off games like the playoffs cause alot of the time and this is true, we don't turn up or don't even wake up till half time, last 2 games being cases in point, why the **** do we look like we've had tramadol before every game. Sick of him and his excuses. Hounded out after 3 seasons was a good one and also you have to take someones win percentage on who the opposition were. Of course he should have one of our best percentages, he's in non league for ****s sake with pretty much an efl squad and can bring in who he wants, I'd ****ing expect him to have one of the best win percentage this season of any of the managers we've had.

Let's get a winner in please.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast