+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Mcinnes sacked

Expected them to part ways end of season, it had gone stale and was going downhill. I’ve never really rated him as a manager. Prob bad timing for us.

When a manager leaves a club, i can normally come up with a couple of names that might be a good fit, but i am really struggling to come up with someone just now. Might Agent Mac and Doddsie take it on?

Only joking!

But what about Stevie Crawford?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    When a manager leaves a club, i can normally come up with a couple of names that might be a good fit, but i am really struggling to come up with someone just now. Might Agent Mac and Doddsie take it on?

Only joking!

But what about Stevie Crawford?
    I think they'll go after a big name. But only after the Pundit rules himself out.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I think they'll go after a big name. But only after the Pundit rules himself out.
    Don’t think they can afford a big name, not after losing £1m per month

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Big name = Big money! The description of their plight earlier in the season makes me think they cant afford to pay compensation, but then Hearts somehow managed it!

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Don’t think they can afford a big name, not after losing £1m per month
    Bookmark it Altan.

The greetin puss chairman was moaning about losing £1m a month then went and signed Kamberi and Hornby. The latter a massive gamble by the way as he's been poor at Scotland under21 level.

Hope this comes back to bite them in the arse! He’s been very consistent over the years, he’s had numerous 2nd and 3rd finishes and plenty of euro trips. Gonna be hard to replace.

Hope the spiral and plummet back to where they were for f ucking years 😊

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Hope this comes back to bite them in the arse! He’s been very consistent over the years, he’s had numerous 2nd and 3rd finishes and plenty of euro trips. Gonna be hard to replace.

Hope the spiral and plummet back to where they were for f ucking years 😊
    Hopefully it will. And there's a chance it could happen.

They have a problem though because top managers look at that job and know that even with their budget it's hard to finish second. It's also a similar problem to what Newcastle have in the Premiership, they can offer decent wages for a few top players but a lot will turn it down due to location.
    Be interesting to see who's next.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post

Hope the spiral and plummet back to where they were for f ucking years ��
    100%.

The SSBs are moaning about the ‘quality’ of the football and yes, are crying out to go to the stereotypical ‘Next Level’. What they don’t appear to be getting is that this IS their level. Now that Sevco are re-established, 3rd in the league is as good as it gets and despite everything they are still more than in with a shout of getting that, particularly if, as you’d expect, Hibs Hibs-it yet again.

Part of me lacks sympathy for him in so much that I find it difficult to believe that he was not party to, nor consulted on Wiggy’s ludicrous decision to maintain the 10-2 SPL voting structure. Who knows, but had they broken that then over the piece he would have had access to more league placing cash which would have enabled him to strengthen their position but instead they got greedy and now that chance has gone forever and has now maybe come back to bite him in the erse.

Having said that, he has lost down the years the likes of Ash Taylor, Scott McKenna, Kenny McLean, Adam Rooney, Graham Shinnie, Jonny Hayes, Niall McGinn and latterly Sam Cosgrove and although subsequently some may have returned those were still huge losses but despite that he has managed to replace them yet still keep them competitive. They may have only won one trophy but third pretty well every season and a couple of seconds (particularly Sevco’s first season back up), loads of cup finals, plus regular European Football point to a manager who kens what the phuck he’s doing.

As I said before, the sheepies seem to have awfy short memories over what went on before his arrival and should maybe contrast with our own misfortunes as to how it can go so bad and so quickly. Would love it if it all goes to phuck for them after this.

And finally on our own side - this lot are totally there for the taking a week on Saturday. Go get ‘em lads.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 09-03-2021 at 08:13 AM.

I think its only fair that the best manager without a job just now gets it. He may have ruled himself out of taking a job in Scotland before and probably thinks celtic job is his but i give you Steven Pressley the one man marketing machine and deluded ego

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)