+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Mcinnes sacked

I remember Alex Totten getting the same treatment up at Perth. Got them to a respectable mid table Prem League then was sacked coz they needed someone to take them to 'another level' That worked...relegation soon after.

They did it with Calderwood after he consistently had them finishing 3rd & 4th. They punted him and finished 9th the following three seasons and 8th the season after that. McInnes came in, steadied the ship & they have never been out the top 4 and regularly have a half decent run in Europe for a team outwith the Old Firm. Milne wouldn't have punted McInnes after his first sticky spell as manager in eight years. Their chairman is proving once again he's an absolute clown.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    They did it with Calderwood after he consistently had them finishing 3rd & 4th. They punted him and finished 9th the following three seasons and 8th the season after that. McInnes came in, steadied the ship & they have never been out the top 4 and regularly have a half decent run in Europe for a team outwith the Old Firm. Milne wouldn't have punted McInnes after his first sticky spell as manager in eight years. Their chairman is proving once again he's an absolute clown.
    7 season of European football on the spin. In this day and age that's outstanding BTW.

Been successful but the fans unhappy due to the on field performances? Sounds like United and Hearts fans reaction to Neilson

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    7 season of European football on the spin. In this day and age that's outstanding BTW.
    It really is. Granted they haven't made it to the group stages but we all know you don't need to make it to the group stages to have an amazing time. Our little ventures into Europe under Houston were awesome.

To think Thompson chose McNamara over McIness because of what was rumoured at the time McInnes wanting money to spend. Well look how that's worked out for both clubs since.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Been successful but the fans unhappy due to the on field performances? Sounds like United and Hearts fans reaction to Neilson
    a wee bit GF but the lure of Europe every year is much more than RN did for us and what he’s doing for hearts just now

Would love to be in Europe every year would honestly f ucking love it

He's gone and done it the ego has landed and i hope he gets the job - i really do. But no chance

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...b-at-aberdeen/

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    He's gone and done it the ego has landed and i hope he gets the job - i really do. But no chance

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...b-at-aberdeen/
    "They have a fantastic support and can create a great intensity in the stadium"...........good luck wi that ane

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    "They have a fantastic support and can create a great intensity in the stadium"...........good luck wi that ane
    aye the boos will be legendary. Must be time for a ban on promotion next season as they could slide doon quicker than meghan merkle

I do think McInnes had went stale and I fully expected them to part ways in the summer. Very surprised by the timing. His Record is pretty outstanding.

A cup win
    Never Finished below 4th place. 2nd place four times (Twice when Sevco in league), 3rd once, 4th once (currently in 4th)
    4 cup finals (3 v Rodgers Celtic).
    7 years in Europe in a row with 6 of those got to the 3rd Qualifying rounds (getting drawn against Maribor, Sociedad and Sporting lisbon is tough going they even got Burnley in the 2nd Qualifying round)
    constant rebuilds.

I know their playing style hasn't been great and i do think they have slowly been going backwards but I don't really know what more he could have done. He has re-established them as a top 4 team competing for the cups and in Europe every season. Their next appointment is massive because if Cormack goes for the wrong man they could easily end up like ourselves or the Edinburgh clubs then will find out very quickly that the grass isnt always greener.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)