+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Derek Mcinnes sacked

The fear in Scotland of trying/attempting something new/different is incredible. If its not 4-4-2 and a 3pm Saturday kick off it sends fans into a panic.

I disagree with that, we've all seen our fair share of change and different appointments. look at Livi with the jailbird which has been a success then you look at Cathro at Hearts which was a massive failure. Both risky appointments.

Difference here is that Aberdeen are a really big club, lets be honest they are, and it pains me to say that, so to appoint Glass and Broon is a huge risk for a club like Aberdeen

4-4-2, f uck me, we've no seen that in scotland for about 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Strange and very risky appointment if true

What has Brown done in management? Take it he will be player/coach? I know Glass is over in USA coaching but again, what has he done in management?

A Dundee lad but by f uck i hope the sheep implode with them two!!!
    Both done absolutely f*ck all. Jobs for the boys for both of them. Hope this backfires like f*ck. SSB's.

Huge risk for a team as big as the SSB's

They should be attracting better than that, especially with their budget IMO

Massive risk. He's only been a coach for 2 years, one as Academy coach and one as Head Coach of Atlanta reserves. They've won 3 out of 16 games this season. He was overlooked for the main Atlanta City job last year and is now going on to manage the third biggest club in Scotland with possibly the most demanding fans in the league outwith the OF. What a gamble they're taking.

Glass is Cormack’s mate. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Glass is Cormack’s mate. End of.
    As I said. Jobs for the boys. Glass & Brown are close pals as well.

I could get Glass being appointed as head coach if he had a very experienced assistant alongside him but Scott Brown? Surely this won't end well if it happens? Both have no first team management experience or even coached in Scotland.

I'm all for club's trying something new and being ambitious but there needs to a realistic approach taken when bringing in these sorts of appointments. Surely its one or the other with an experienced coach alongside them?

Also I don't think Aberdeen fans will take to Brown being involved after the whole Shay Logan/Tonev scenario a few years back.

Glass and Brown. Bloody nora- said at the very start that the SSBs should be careful what they wished for and will regret hounding out Delboy. This appointment simply reinforces that.

I think this appointment can be summed up in one word - cheap.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)