+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V Toon

Apparently, Watkins, AEG, Traore and Grealish not seen at training today? I think they are practicing indoors on attacking tactics and keeping the press guessing!

Perhaps Smithy has decided to see if AEG and Traore can produce it on matchday if they havnt left it all on the training pitch??

Well, in the bag but didnt fix that hole in the bottom!
    Hurry up back Jack...please

Well that was truly awful*

So predictable one dimensional no one getting in behind their back line

We were careless in possession Ross Barkley nearly cost us twice Mings attempting Hollywood passes when all that is required is for him to clear his lines, without Jack we are devoid of creativity plus we even managed to make Joelinton look “average” & that’s some achievement*

Quite w/t/f goes on in training is beyond my comprehension

Trezeguet & Al Ghazi are both weak & about as threatening as a pair of Chihuahua puppies quite what Smith sees in them evades me

We’re safe with the points amassed however without that cushion our last 7 performances would have seen us in a relegation scrap

Deano needs to rethink his philosophy as his current unadventurous/timid “game plan” ain't ripping up any trees

Apart from that every thing was "Wunderbar"

Stay safe everone !

Well summed freer. Just one other worry, lot of talk about Konsa getting the big buys interested this summer, hurry with that contract, he covers for all mings mistakes, without him, we would definately be in trouble!
    On to spurs, knowing how we turn up for the big buys, we will probably beat them?

Freer is spot on, and I was embarrassed for Mings, being owned by Joelinton.

I didn’t even swear at the TV when they equalised. I can’t ever remember being so emotionless towards a goal against the Villa. It was so inevitable, it was as if my subconscious had already watched the ball smash into the net, 15 seconds earlier.

The build-up seemed in slow motion when AEG flippantly gave the ball away, with the outside of his left boot, just outside our box. He and Sanson then lazily failed to put pressure on the initial cross after the jawdees had recycled it to Shelvey. Then for McGinn to allow Murphy all the time and space in the world to find a willing head in the 6 yd box.

This wasn’t a performance that can be shrugged off as just a bad day at the office. Since NY day we’ve been outplayed in 12 out of 13 Prem games, with jawdees at home being the exception. And Jack has only missed 5 of the 13. That’s 12 bad days at the office, in 13 games.

Is it a ‘Long Covid’ effect? Who knows, it would be unfair to dismiss it completely, but surely a bit of rotation would have helped over the last few months. Using subs when they have time to do something, instead, DS uses his subs as a ‘timewasting exercise’ after 85+. Surprisingly yesterday he used them early, down mainly to Traore’s injury and Ramsey’s drowning impersonation.

How the heck we have so many points thus far, is a miracle.

Ah well, Onwards n Upwards

I think Smith has a point all the premiership seem to be playing flat...probably due to the short break between seasons, at the start of the season there is a bonus, because the players are already match fit, but by this stage of the season it becomes more difficult to keep performing. The bonus is Grealish will be fresh and eager to win his place in the England squad.

If Smith thinks the whole of the prem is as flat as us currently he needs to look a bit harder, there is something to be said for the short gap between seasons this time, but they had 3 months off half way through the last one, also if players are tired, we are safe, barring complete collapse, play some of the other ones in the squad and give them a rest, it might cost us a place or two, it might ***** work! Ive said in another thread, he keeps using the word sloppy, which is an excellent description of what we are watching, maybe he and his coaching staff having identified the problem could do something about it????

Covid, I would not be surprized! Its almost like a double headed season. Playing with no fans is pants as well, no way would the Villa Park faithfull let Barkley, AEG or Traore trot around the pitch, some players have a shock coming to them. We have really missed Grealish, god help us if he does go, Merse has already said without grealish, we would be relegated. I'm not sure he's right but we would definately be several places lower than what we are currently. The honeymoon for the new players is over, its a slog now to the end of the season, 11 games left, we will do well to win 3 of them knowing the opposition.

I can't be the only one thinking Jack must be shaking his head watching us from the sidelines and mulling over his future, it's a short career and he's unlikely to achieve his full potential with us. Money talks and his stock is very high indeed, what if he gets burnt out playing so many games and his value plummets - our owners are not stupid. Unless we can very quickly find our mojo again I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him "picking up an injury" to rule him out of more matches as a deal gets done behind the scenes - I really hope I'm wrong here.

A defeat would have been very harsh on Newcastle who I thought moved it well, hustled far better than we did without the ball and looked the more likely to score, Freer you are spot on fella. You have to see these winning positions out but had we done so the result as time goes on hides the glaring issues we have in front of our defence.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)