Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those elusive 4-5 points

Those elusive 4-5 points

Could be the hardest to finally get, in touching distance of ensuring Prem football, but present form, and the next 5-6 matches,( all going to be tough for different reasons ) who knows when ?
    Our style of attacking / open play has been for most fantastic, but always likely to get undone with the ongoing saga of defending corners etc. Last nights Dawson goal, possibly the oldest & most basic corner goal in the book.
    With a LB, appearing to be the only main defensive recruit incoming, much for Koch / Llorente /Struijk / and hopefully Cresswell to work on during the summer.

I have serious misgivings about this, as quoted in a different thread, I fear we will be dragged into a relegation battle unless we get points from our next 3 games, Chelsea (lose), Fulham (draw), Sheffield (narrow win), hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I have serious misgivings about this, as quoted in a different thread, I fear we will be dragged into a relegation battle unless we get points from our next 3 games, Chelsea (lose), Fulham (draw), Sheffield (narrow win), hopefully.
    If we start with the team that we ended with yesterday, and are just a little more clinical in finishing, I see no reason why we can't give all of them a run for their money, and come away with 5 out of 9 points (draw, draw, win) at least. The key is that first "If" statement.

Yep, must start with the team that finished, and llorente needs to man up a bit, ball player he maybe, header and tackler I fear not, something that's needed as a centre half, Dawson was his man last night and llorente was no where near him, totally out muscled.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If we start with the team that we ended with yesterday, and are just a little more clinical in finishing, I see no reason why we can't give all of them a run for their money, and come away with 5 out of 9 points (draw, draw, win) at least. The key is that first "If" statement.
    I was just about to post the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I was just about to post the same.
    Great minds think alike!😉

Yep, must start with the team that finished, and llorente needs to man up a bit, ball player he maybe, header and tackler I fear not, something that's needed as a centre half, Dawson was his man last night and llorente was no where near him, totally out muscled.
    Well at least there was one other person watching the same match I did!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Agreed - bizarrely I can see us upsetting Chelsea - key I think is to start well and get an early goal as that seems to allow us to relax on the field and keep going.

Not wishing to harp on about llorente but Adrian Durhams take on it is spot on, "can't defend, passes like a rolls Royce"

Not wishing to harp on about llorente but Adrian Durhams take on it is spot on, "can't defend, passes like a rolls Royce"
    Hmmmn think he struggled on corners and with Dawson but otherwise he reads the game well, intercepts and holds up players. Alongside Struijk or Koch I think he could be great.

Think he will be very effective in a back 3 at the libero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast