+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s games

Quote Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
    Correct with all you said neither both them can defend and the FUN won't come up against a defence so bad as dunfermline
    Agreed,they still havnie beat Raith yet so its not a given they will play the in the final of the play offs.They will get a better idea of where they are when they play against ST Johnstone in the cup next week.

Will the Whitehall Theatre have availability for 27th March 2022?

Republic of Ireland lose to Luxembourg in the World Cup and Serbia who we played aff the park draw with Portugal with Ronaldo in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Peter, what about CW33 now?? 🤣🤣
    Yeah still scores good goals at Dens... didn't celebrate which is a nice touch...and yeah he still relegated you... although he wears the number 9 now...and it's pleasing you remember he will always be CW33😄

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    It was shyte mega hoofball stuff but still entertaining though.
    Glad you enjoyed the GB😄

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    What I really can’t understand is how Hearts are so far ahead??????????????
    Ok its easy for me to say because we finally managed to escape but when you look at the sides in this season's shortened Championship Hearts and Dundee FC should be the only show in town.
    As i have said before its truly amazing that Raith Rovers who were in the exact same nightmare we were involved in last summer sit in 2nd place after 3/4 of the season.
    In my opinion going on budget's and Charlie Adam's massive Championship wage being mainly covered by sponsor money Raith's achievement so far is the equivalent of us splitting the Old Firm in the Premiership after 21 games.
    That goes to show you just how weak this season's Championship has been,their manager John McGlynn's post match interview today was all about it being impossible for them to finish bottom now and he never once mentioned the play offs or promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Glad you enjoyed the GB��
    I really did Peter,i would much rather watch a Championship game than a WCQ that did not involve Scotland to be honest.I would be interested in your view of my longer post i have just put up prior to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Ok its easy for me to say because we finally managed to escape but when you look at the sides in this season's shortened Championship Hearts and Dundee FC should be the only show in town.
    As i have said before its truly amazing that Raith Rovers who were in the exact same nightmare we were involved in last summer sit in 2nd place after 3/4 of the season.
    In my opinion going on budget's and Charlie Adam's massive Championship wage being mainly covered by sponsor money Raith's achievement so far is the equivalent of us splitting the Old Firm in the Premiership after 21 games.
    That goes to show you just how weak this season's Championship has been,their manager John McGlynn's post match interview today was all about it being impossible for them to finish bottom now and he never once mentioned the play offs or promotion.
    It’s useful to watch these games as a barometer of our own progress because THAT is where we were 12 months ago and heaven forbid, even worse for the preceding three years. Contrast with our most recent run of 6 games culminating in 4 pts in back to back games v Celtic and the Sheepies and now,in comparison to 12 months ago, we are structured, competent, well drilled and organised and frankly, playing at a much higher level. That’s the combination of the manager but also players needing to step it up in the face of better opposition. It may not be exciting, but we are improving and the trajectory is heading in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Yeah still scores good goals at Dens... didn't celebrate which is a nice touch...and yeah he still relegated you... although he wears the number 9 now...and it's pleasing you remember he will always be CW33😄
    Pete, the only reason his name sticks, is because your constant posting on here!
    He never relegated us, as you well know, but why let facts get in the way, eh?
    Anyway, well fought victory for you boys tonight, and keeps Pep in his current job. However, got to be a worry how vulnerable you were at times, and as GB said, while your team has goals in them, they are just as likely to leak them. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    It’s useful to watch these games as a barometer of our own progress because THAT is where we were 12 months ago and heaven forbid, even worse for the preceding three years. Contrast with our most recent run of 6 games culminating in 4 pts in back to back games v Celtic and the Sheepies and now,in comparison to 12 months ago, we are structured, competent, well drilled and organised and frankly, playing at a much higher level. That’s the combination of the manager but also players needing to step it up in the face of better opposition. It may not be exciting, but we are improving and the trajectory is heading in the right direction.
    Yes the standard tonight is at a level i played at in the army and on Riverside 6 in my heyday.I still enjoyed the game though and its nae skin aff my nose to say that the Dees deserved to win.
    I was told that Watson was injured but he played tonight and although i always liked him he had a nightmare evening in his own box.

Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)