+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s games

Would rather the Fun came up full stop. The derbies are class. The one proper league match that gets the blood flowing. The one game you look forward to all season. Far better than any sh*tey trip to Dingwall or Kilmarnock. Really can't see them beating either Killie or County though, certainly not Killie.

Dundee have came on to a game at the right time. Momentum all with them.

Quote Originally Posted by tijuanataxi View Post
    Dundee have came on to a game at the right time. Momentum all with them.
    You’d think that, but then we thought that in both 2017 v Accies and then 2019 v St Mirren. But what you underestimate as a Championship side is that the Premiership side is just that wee bitty quicker, sharper and fitter purely due to playing at a higher level against better quality opposition week in, week out. It was noticeable in both our play offs that we tailed off badly in the second legs as the Premiership team gradually took more and more control. Don’t get me wrong, if it’s Killie they get I’d want Dundee to get promoted to get the plastic tae phuck but I’m struggling to see Charlie Adam for instance playing two high intensity legs three days apart and managing the pace against a fit Kilmarnock midfield. And frankly Lafferty will ragdoll them at the back.

Derbies are great if you win them, but I can easy live without them. I think they'd have a better chance of beating County, so hope it's Killie in the final. The championship has been rotten this year, Dundee have been poor for most of it still finished second, Hearts have been lacklustre and absolutely coasted it. Dundee are in a bit of form, and unlike previous Championships teams in a play off final will be fresh, mentally and physically due to the short nature of their season. But Killie have the unfair advantage of that dreadful plastic pitch in the 2nd leg, assuming it is them. That is a nice consolation if Dundee beat them, but I want Killie or County to prevail in the play-off final all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Derbies are great if you win them, but I can easy live without them. I think they'd have a better chance of beating County, so hope it's Killie in the final. The championship has been rotten this year, Dundee have been poor for most of it still finished second, Hearts have been lacklustre and absolutely coasted it. Dundee are in a bit of form, and unlike previous Championships teams in a play off final will be fresh, mentally and physically due to the short nature of their season. But Killie have the unfair advantage of that dreadful plastic pitch in the 2nd leg, assuming it is them. That is a nice consolation if Dundee beat them, but I want Killie or County to prevail in the play-off final all day long.
    My thinking about who wins in the play offs is purely dictated by what is best for United next season. Pure and simple. If it’s Killie, I’d want Dundee to win as let’s face it we are horrendous on plastic. If it’s Coonty then I want them to win as our record against them is very good. It as simple as that really.

Hard one to call, Killie you have to assume next season will be back to their mid table standards with Tommy Wright in charge. Dundee might get a bounce if they come up. County will probably be of similar standard to this season. I already think next season is a harder league than this season, due to Hearts coming up, who will be an improvement over Hamilton and will probably invest. So you are back to who can we finish above? Livi? County? Mwell? St Mirren I think are a mid table team, have beaten both Rangers and Celtic this season. I think this summer is every bit as important as last in terms of significant recruitment.

Well done to Leicester City for winning the EFA cup today after 4 previous failures in the final.A lump in my throat watching their owner celebrating with his staff after all he's been through.

The play offs usually favour the Premiership clubs but on this occasion it doesn't so much because The Championship was a shorter season this year and Dundee should still be fairly fresh and look like hitting their peak. No end of the season tiredness.

Totally agree gunboat. Could na help thinking about our 6 previous attempts. To win it.

Scottish cup obviously in our case.

Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)