Since lockdown i have spent some time on youtube, and there is some good things on there... like this. It states that the more you want something, the less able you are to get it. The faster you drive your car, the wind resistance goes up.

In my twenties i came across a book, paradox and counter paradox, Italian family therapists claimed a 100 per cent success rate in treating anorexia.

They did this not by arguing or persuading patients to eat, but by finding a way to agree with the views of the patient, and make it a reasonable and logical way to cope. Stopping eating is entirely good. Resistance to eating as a way of control is ended.

When i had my heart broken in my early twenties i went on a girl rampage, but it didnt work. I got nowhere. When i gave up, and accepted my aloneness, a remarkable thing happened. I have landed at New York airport, whatever it was called. Planes come in every thirty seconds.

But in my case it was women.

I finally gave up this year on Cambridge United, and yes, after more than a generation of Cambridge "Lay down and Die" United they start winning. Coincidence? Yesterday was utterly incredible. That cant have happened.

Is Uniteds fate linked to me? Only a fool would say so, but it happened, make of it what you will. Maybe there are a number of people like me, a group. It cant be identified because its not demonstrable, but it exists.

The backwards law states that striving is a big mistake, when you achieve your goal, you are still unsatisfied and unhappy because the striving never stops, if you make a million, you want two. Stop striving and it all falls in your lap. You can still strive, but not in a crazy way. Practice the art of not giving a --ck.

It is more complex than i can explain here. The backwards Law is on you tube, and there is a website called einseinganger, im sure the spelling is wrong. I havent explored it yet, but it looks good.

There is a truth in there. If you are in conflict with someone, find a way to agree with your fellow conflictee. Experiment. If you agree with a flawed argument, it is exposed for what it is.

Stop caring, let it flow.

Mike of Saffron Walden.