I thought it was a much better performance tonight, and we were unlucky not to get a draw. I thought the referee was very poor, he appeared to guess at some decisions, usually in favor of Liverpool. We had two good shouts for penalties, neither appeared to be looked at by VAR. I wonder if they had gone to the visitors, would the decisions have been changed.

I though the much maligned Moutinho had a fantastic game. Jose showed some nice touches, but just doesn't get into the box enough. MGW came on and did himself no harm and Silva was unlucky to get impeded by Donk as he went for his second headed attempt.

Out next match against West Ham will be tough, but a repeat performance in terms off effort would be welcome. We then have a run of very winnable games.

Rafa Mir won a penalty for his team last night against Barcelona, took it and scored. He later managed to do a Saiss only with his shoulder, putting it over the bar from a yard out. He certainly looks to have bulked up and he might be worth a recall next season.