+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The typical BBC

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    The BBC. In the rest of the World the most recognisable and respected of any British brand.
    Not quite sure of your sentiments 9goals. Are you meaning that the BBC is mistakenly revered throughout the the rest of the world or that it is just this country that they are not as respected as they should be? Hope that you understand my question.

Primarily I mean 'it is just this country that they are not as respected as they should be '

I passionately believe it is also true of many aspects of this still great country we live in. I give you in comparison to most other places

Police
    Education
    Sport
    Sense of fair play
    Common Sense
    Lack of corruption
    Arts inc tele
    Engineering
    NHS
    to name but a few!

Disregarding the quality or otherwise of the BBC can anyone name a more recognisable British brand?
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 20-03-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Primarily I mean 'it is just this country that they are not as respected as they should be '

I passionately believe it is also true of many aspects of this still great country we live in. I give you in comparison to most other places

Police
    Education
    Sport
    Sense of fair play
    Common Sense
    Lack of corruption
    Arts inc tele
    Engineering
    NHS
    to name but a few!

Disregarding the quality or otherwise of the BBC can anyone name a more recognisable British brand?
    The Royal Family.

Police
    Education
    Sport
    Sense of fair play
    Common Sense
    Lack of corruption
    Arts inc tele
    Engineering
    NHS
    to name but a few!

And vaccinating folk

Will agree with you 9goals on all the those institutions that you mentioned, but sorry not the BBC I'm afraid.

For me it depends which aspect of the BBC.

TV news the quality has nose dived in recent years but isn't that just a reflection of society where such standards have dropped everywhere?

I get my early morning news from the Today Prog. on Radio 4. I think it's well balanced and the interviewers do so much better a job than their lightweight tele colleagues.

BBC drama and documentaries are still superb (Line of Duty tomorrow) Yes Netflix may have gone past them but they reportedly spent £5 million per episode on dross such as Bridgerton so it's hardly surprising. How much foreign revenue does the BBC bring in?

Having spent extended periods of times in most of our near neighbours plus US and Oz I can confirm the BBC is very well respected and envied.

Munchetty, awful woman, big chip on her shoulder, don’t need her type preaching at us.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Munchetty, awful woman, big chip on her shoulder, don’t need her type preaching at us.
    Can't stand the woman and I think she is useless at her job. However she is very popular with many viewers which is why I say the BBC and so much of its content is just a reflection of 'us'

Can't stand the woman and I think she is useless at her job. However she is very popular with many viewers which is why I say the BBC and so much of its content is just a reflection of 'us'
    Her ‘popularity’ is probably with the snowflake/woke viewers. I’ve watched the first episode of the new Line Of Duty series tonight and surprise, surprise, nearly all the senior police characters are female, half of the police in the programme are black, not a true reflection of the real police numbers, and one of the main female police characters is a lesbian! Inclusion, BBC style.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Her ‘popularity’ is probably with the snowflake/woke viewers. I’ve watched the first episode of the new Line Of Duty series tonight and surprise, surprise, nearly all the senior police characters are female, half of the police in the programme are black, not a true reflection of the real police numbers, and one of the main female police characters is a lesbian! Inclusion, BBC style.
    Didn't watch it last night but recorded it. However, after your resume Kettering, I'm not sure that I will bother watching it. As you say, it does not reflect life in the U K. Only 13% of the population is black and according to some statistics, as little as 2.2% are LGB. You therefore have to ask the question as to why so many TV programmes aren't reflective of said statistics. The answer is, this is the world according to the BBC.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)