+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The typical BBC

The typical BBC

Radio 5 live.

Yesterday: how men need to not view women improperly
    Today: interviewing a couple of strippers, “giggle, isn’t this fun”
    Who are they stripping for?

So much hypocrisy.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to close down all strip clubs by law. In that way men wouldn't be able to ogle women. Bet your bottom dollar that you'd have strippers marching in protest if that happened. Also, brothels are legal in the UK. Why not close those down as well. Can you imagine the outcry from those who ply their trade in these places. It's not as simple or straightforward as it appears. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if both were closed down, wouldn't have bothered me when I was younger either. It would be interesting to hear the views of women on these points.

There’s no balance on the BBC, Channel 4 or SKY anymore.

They are so Left Wing/Liberal Elite biased, I’m not just saying this from a white male in his very late 50’s point of view either.

On Facebook I’ve recently joined a group that features my secondary school era.

The ladies in the 50-60 age group are just as p I s s e s off with the media and the Woke generation as what the men are, I’m talking about middle class women here as well as the girls who came from the poorer areas.

I think that if my generation live another 25-30 years it could become quite scary, I can see “Thought Police” being used to round us up and euthanase us, I certainly think we’ll be treated with disgust.

I fear the conversations that might take place with my grandchildren 10-15 years from now.......whereas I had complete admiration and respect for my four grandparents I do fear that this will be very different in my/our case.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

They are so Left Wing/Liberal Elite biased, I’m not just saying this from a white male in his very late 50’s point of view either.

The ladies in the 50-60 age group are just as p I s s e s off with the media and the Woke generation as what the men are, I’m talking about middle class women here as well as the girls who came from the poorer areas.

I think that if my generation live another 25-30 years it could become quite scary, I can see “Thought Police” being used to round us up and euthanase us, I certainly think we’ll be treated with disgust.

I fear the conversations that might take place with my grandchildren 10-15 years from now.......whereas I had complete admiration and respect for my four grandparents I do fear that this will be very different in my/our case.
    Same here Mick. I have joined my secondary group and exactly the same responses. I feel as though our Generations memories are being replaced with the new woke set up. Its like having your past erased before you die so that you wonder if you even ever existed.

What a load of tripe.

The BBC strive for impartiality so much they put imbeciles opposite experts to offer 'different opinions'. Farage was on Newsnight the other night opposite health experts talking about Covid.

Its one of the reasons we voted for Brexit. Newsnight offered us Pascal Lammy - Head of WTO against Andrea Leadsom. Do me a favour.

I'm not saying BBC are right leaning, they need to stop worrying about upsetting people who constantly claim they are bias. These people seem to be either rabid right wing over 50s or loony lefties who are under 30.

It also seems to me that most people who get offended are the ones who run around calling other people snowflakes.

There is no doubting that the BBC is left leaning in order to appeal to the younger generation. The head of the BBC, I forget his name now, has admitted this and wants to make reforms. I'm not saying that they are rabid left but they are more sympathetic to their ideals than they are to those of the right. I realise that this is irrevelent now but it made me laugh when Corbyn blamed media bias to the right for losing the election.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    What a load of tripe.

The BBC strive for impartiality so much they put imbeciles opposite experts to offer 'different opinions'. Farage was on Newsnight the other night opposite health experts talking about Covid.

Its one of the reasons we voted for Brexit. Newsnight offered us Pascal Lammy - Head of WTO against Andrea Leadsom. Do me a favour.

I'm not saying BBC are right leaning, they need to stop worrying about upsetting people who constantly claim they are bias. These people seem to be either rabid right wing over 50s or loony lefties who are under 30.

It also seems to me that most people who get offended are the ones who run around calling other people snowflakes.
    You’re so stupid and left side bigoted you actually can’t admit what the rest of us can plainly see.

The mainstream media is so left leaning that it’s become ridiculous.

All the comedy shows are rabid in their hatred for the Tory Party.

At last that total rubbish The Mash Report has been binned.....utter one sided nonsense.

You’re so stupid and left side bigoted you actually can’t admit what the rest of us can plainly see.

The mainstream media is so left leaning that it’s become ridiculous.

All the comedy shows are rabid in their hatred for the Tory Party.

At last that total rubbish The Mash Report has been binned.....utter one sided nonsense.
    The mainstream media...so I expect you're leaving out print media in the mainstream then?

The BBC and Sky are impartial. Channel 4 is the only one on the left.

All the comedy shows typically poke fun at the Government in charge at the time, more so than the opposition. We've had 11 years of this shower. Blair's Labour got it from them in the late 90s too.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    There is no doubting that the BBC is left leaning in order to appeal to the younger generation. The head of the BBC, I forget his name now, has admitted this and wants to make reforms. I'm not saying that they are rabid left but they are more sympathetic to their ideals than they are to those of the right. I realise that this is irrevelent now but it made me laugh when Corbyn blamed media bias to the right for losing the election.
    The new BBC head - wasn't Boris Johnson influential in that choice? Didn't he also want Dacre as head of Ofcom? My memory is hazy on it, so I could be wrong. But if its the case it doesn't give much credibility to your argument about the new head wanting to make reforms because they are too 'left leaning'

There is a strong campaign - whipped up by the print media, to get rid of the BBC.

The press have already made the country much poorer with Brexit. Suppose they might as well destroy one of our national institutions whilst they are at it.

I don't want to get rid of the BBC but I'm afraid that it isn't the unbiased and well respected institution that it once was. It has to seek change in my opinion. There has to be a reason why vast swathes of public opinion is anti BBC. I would like it to revert to the fair minded institution that it used to be. If they wish to remain as they are, fine, but don't expect us to fund it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)