+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The typical BBC

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Munchetty, awful woman, big chip on her shoulder, don’t need her type preaching at us.
    Spot on awful woman and presenter,plus her partner in crime Charlie stayt bit like lord Charles someone’s got a hand up his arse.oh and the cardboard cutout Dan Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    Spot on awful woman and presenter,plus her partner in crime Charlie stayt bit like lord Charles someone’s got a hand up his arse.oh and the cardboard cutout Dan Walker.
    I wonder how many white people with greater skills got passed over to allow the box to be ticked by employing her?

Her ‘popularity’ is probably with the snowflake/woke viewers. I’ve watched the first episode of the new Line Of Duty series tonight and surprise, surprise, nearly all the senior police characters are female, half of the police in the programme are black, not a true reflection of the real police numbers, and one of the main female police characters is a lesbian! Inclusion, BBC style.
    Half way thro LofD was thinking the same about black/female police officers. Almost commented so to my wife but so inured am I to all this nonesense I just let it pass. After reading your post I did mention it to her and she had gone thro exactly the same process.

What I don't get is why single out the BBC? It's rife! It's everywhere!

My wife watched Bridgerton on Netflix their most watched show ever. It was set in Regency England all about the aristocracy, debutantes and society balls.

King George III's wife Queen Charlotte was played by a black actress (sorry actor.) Now there was some vague rumours at the time she may have had some mixed race parentage going back a few generations but every image you can find of Queen Charlotte she was white. Most definitely white!

The male lead was a Lord and he was black. There was a good smattering of other black actors amongst the cast. Really!? Was a good number of the British aristocracy black in 1800? If so then so much for lack of opportunity or diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I wonder how many white people with greater skills got passed over to allow the box to be ticked by employing her?
    However unfair it may be every time I now see either a black/female/LGBT+howevermanyotherleters on the tele my first thought is they got that job only because they are black/female/LGBT+howmanyotherletters.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    apparently they say she’s good at golf.

New presenter of Mastermind Clive Myrie. Year ago I wouldn't have thought anything about it. Now I think 'He's only got the job because he is black.' Very sad.

Best tv of the week on BBC 2 tonight 7.30 to 9 including Victoria Coren Mitchell who I used to dislike and is now my favourite question mistress. Am I allowed to label her so?

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    apparently they say she’s good at golf.
    What as, one of the flag poles in the middle of a green?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    New presenter of Mastermind Clive Myrie. Year ago I wouldn't have thought anything about it. Now I think 'He's only got the job because he is black.' Very sad.

Best tv of the week on BBC 2 tonight 7.30 to 9 including Victoria Coren Mitchell who I used to dislike and is now my favourite question mistress. Am I allowed to label her so?
    We must be on the same wave length at this moment in time as only two minutes ago I said exactly the same to my wife. Don't get me wrong Clive Myrie is very good and competent but because of all this BLM etc. you question the reason why he was chosen, which I know is wrong. I said right at the start of this BLM campaigne that it would set back race relation years.
    As for tonight's programming, again you are spot on. 'Mastermind', 'Only Connect' and 'Unversity Challenge', best TV of the week. If you're wondering why we're not watching it now, it's because the phone has gone and we've had to put the TV on hold!

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post

Yes you are, definitely something of the ***y school teacher about her, bit of a hidden fox if I am allowed to say that these days...

What as, one of the flag poles in the middle of a green?
    She is good at golf but has to get a bloke to help out with the driving

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)