+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dario

Interesting that this is the same Port Vale who offered Bennell a job long after he left Crewe. Strange that, if his activities were so "well known" in footballing circles

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Interesting that this is the same Port Vale who offered Bennell a job long after he left Crewe. Strange that, if his activities were so "well known" in footballing circles
    Taken from Sheldons report

9.2.80 A former Port vale official was asked by the review about the job offer said to have been made to Bennell in or around late 1993 That official said that the Port Vale Chairman :

" asked if I was happy to appoint Barry Bennell as youth coach to Port Vale. I answered no due to the rumours which I had no evidence whatsoever were true. Mr Bell accepted my reasoning and Barry Bennell was not appointed"

The review was unable to speak to Chairman Bill Bell, as he is deceased.

Trying to drag Port Vale into this seedy business is disgraceful

The sound of silence is deafening ...
    An apology to all the players who were affected whilst at the club would be very welcome - just my opinion.
    We need to move on and surely this would be a good starting point (?)

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    how can you say the Sheldon report is less biased when you possibly haven't read Peter Morse article from an ex academy graduate....Also the Sheldon report says he was assistant manager at Chelsea when he was actually an assistant coach. mmm
    Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Vale....but I might suggest that you have a few problems of your own
    Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    current day attitudes looking back at events in the past....The press....WHY didn't THEY say anything?

Dario is guilty of naivety .... a small club like the Alex are easy meat
    Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Really, really embarrassing yourselves. Deluded and desperate in your futile spin.

Very selective in your extracts. Just as bad as the rest.

To be fair, by coming on to a Crewe forum spouting your opinions, you have dragged Pprt Vale into this.

Perhaps consider why your attitudes, the attitudes of Crewe fans on social media, and that so called statement yesterday has left so many people up and down the country totally nonchalant if Crewe go under over this.

And half of professional football with it!

Odd, I don't see 46 clubs criticised in the report.

You are making this worse. Think about what you're doing.

Can you just imagine the abuse a Crewe fan would get if the circumstances were different and we went on to onevilefan spouting off our opinions. Any contributor would get crucified.
    Please just take your unwanted views to your own forum.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast