+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dario

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Can you just imagine the abuse a Crewe fan would get if the circumstances were different and we went on to onevilefan spouting off our opinions. Any contributor would get crucified.
    Please just take your unwanted views to your own forum.
    Just stop. Your persecution complex is absolutely pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Can you just imagine the abuse a Crewe fan would get if the circumstances were different and we went on to onevilefan spouting off our opinions. Any contributor would get crucified.
    Please just take your unwanted views to your own forum.

If the opinions were how badly the club had dealt with *****philia case then I am quite sure they would have castigated the owners called for his/her resignation and demanded a full and proper internal enquiry, and when that enquiry found that the club did not do enough, I would hope, in fact I know they would express their disgust in no uncertain manner, something that is not happening with the Alex on here and the Alex facebook site.

You don't want to talk about whats gone on, well tough it's very much in the public domain, have you spoken to the BBC about the 3 part docu. out next week ?

You are confusing football loyalties regardless of who you follow with common decency.

As a frequent visitor to the Alex I'm ashamed and every time I sit in that magnificent stand with friends I can't help thinking of the poor lads who suffered at the hands of Bennell with Gradi turning a blind eye along with Norman Rowlinson and Hamilton Smith.

A little humility would go along way and for your information this story is of national importance can I recommend ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ths2

BBC1 Monday at 9pm Part 2 apparently should be of interest.

I can still remember hearing about the abuse at Crewe on the car radio for the first time ...
    I felt totally and completely gutted, nothing before or since like it ...
    It does not go away - just really pleased that we have someone like DA at the helm now.

When I later heard that one of the players involved, Stevie Walters, waving his anonymity and going public it really hit home ...
    This was a player I really rated, talked to other clubs fans about, and scored a 25 yarder past Dave Beasant away at Chelsea in the cup ...
    It all of a sudden became even more real. Here was a player who still performed on a Saturday afternoon in spite of everything that was going on ...
    I can't begin to imagine what he endured.

Can I say, and I would hope that I speak for every Alex fan, how very sorry I am for the victims of Bennell.
    He is a sophisticated evil p****phile, who was obviously very good at covering up what he was doing. It's on the record that Bennell married the sister of one of the victims.

What I think forum members object to, is people coming on, to provoke a response, which I suppose we should expect, but Sheldon was very clear though that we were not the only club where these terrible things happened. Have you been onto Man City, Newcastle, Chelsea, Southampton or Peterboroughs forums to have a go. I think not.

Sheldon was also clear that he thinks there was no cover up at Crewe, and I think he probably looked at it in some detail. 30 years ago child ***ual abuse and safeguarding were not as prominent as today.
    That is not to say that I didn't wish someone had picked it up and saved these lads from the horror they had to endure.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    What I think forum members object to, is people coming on, to provoke a response,
    I'm not. I started posting last night in response to, and to call out, incredibly callous comments after being annoyed at the behaviour on display from a number of Crewe fans over this topic. Do I sound like I'm on the windup? Am I making jokes and teasing?

Have you been onto Man City, Newcastle, Chelsea, Southampton or Peterboroughs forums to have a go. I think not.
    The fans of those clubs aren't blaming the press for failing to whistleblow the Gradi/Chelsea affair like a Crewe fan did on here last night (ffs!) Or try to equate the 700 page report of a QC barrister that criticised Gradi against a local media piece written by someone heavily connected to Crewe Alexandra, an ex player no less with life long connections to the club, who made absolutely no mention of the Gradi hands down trousers quote in his Chronicle piece. Or blame 'current day attitudes' for what people think about Gradi's, in the opinion of Sheldon QC, failure to report/monitor Bennell and Heath when he should have done. Or post a load of whataboutism twaddle about Vale having completely unrelated problems. Or shed tears constantly in the facebook group and on twitter about being the only club persecuted and singled out by the press, what a load of *******s.

Some of you really need to take a look at yourselves, this petulant refusal to accept reality/deflect and dodge responsibility is like watching children plead "it wasn't me miss!" Take a leaf out of Frogpole/Terry Harkin/Phil1965s book and grow up. This isn't about football tribalism.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/*...-mbe-bcnslh53v

Alternative link because the forum software interferes with it - https://bit.ly/3r2GeEC

Sheldon, however, highlighted a number of concerns regarding Gradi. Sheldon said in his 710-page report that, in an interview with Gradi, the 79-year-old did not understand that placing a hand down someone else’s trousers amounted to assault. Sheldon also noted that Gradi’s own habit of having young boys stay at his house “normalised” such inappropriate behaviour at Crewe and enabled Bennell to regularly have children stay at his own home.

Gradi has also admitted that he did not report allegations made against Eddie Heath, a former scout at Chelsea, in the mid-1970s because he feared it would land his colleague in trouble.

“I’ve concluded that Dario Gradi ought to have monitored what was going on, and he ought to have spoken to the boys who were staying with Bennell to see if they were OK,” Sheldon said. “Had he done that it may well be that they would have told him of the abuse that they were suffering.”
    Where does any of that important material from Sheldon's report appear in the amazingly reliable Chronicle article?

https://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/inc...ation-12246978
    Last edited by valefan0719; 19-03-2021 at 04:11 PM.

The article that was written in 2016, four years before the publication of the Sheldon report, that might be why it didn't appear.

Why are your fellow supporters holding it up as the beacon of truth then?

how can you say the Sheldon report is less biased when you possibly haven't read Peter Morse article from an ex academy graduate

Unfortunately some people prefer to read the rags and their version
    Someone needs to get his head out of the sand.

I'm prepared to call a truce ,until the BBC programme concludes.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast