+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dario

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post

Sheldon was also clear that he thinks there was no cover up at Crewe, and I think he probably looked at it in some detail. 30 years ago child ***ual abuse and safeguarding were not as prominent as today.
    That is not to say that I didn't wish someone had picked it up and saved these lads from the horror they had to endure.
    Thank you RedandWhiteSpartan for your more considered replies.

I have read the report pertaining to what Crewe Alex knew, it's very wordy and frankly damning however one point I would like to bring up is the point that no body at Crewe knew what was going on Quote Sheldon .......

.2.175. However, I consider that it is likely that three Directors of the Club, specifically Hamilton Smith, Norman Rowlinson (who was Chairman of Crewe Alexandra from
    1964 until 1988), and John Bowler, did discuss concerns about Bennell – which hinted
    at a ***ual interest in children – and that, in light of these concerns, Norman Rowlinson sought further information about Bennell from Bennell’s former club Manchester
    City, and was told by a senior police officer to keep a “watching brief” on the situation.
    There is no evidence that he did so.

Further on in the report Gill Palin Club Secretary also talks about her concerns about Bennell and his activities.

I'm taking a back seat now I cannot believe so many Alex fans are in denial it's NOT a tribal attack from one club to another, I go to both Vale and Alex it's about the sheer hell these lads have gone through and continue to do so.

The only reason the Alex turned a blind eye in my opinion was greed especially for the money raised from transfer fees and the fact that a bye product was Crewe got some very very good lads who pushed them up the football pyramid.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    What is on Vales sites or any other clubs sites is immaterial, it is about more than football rivalries, this is about safeguarding young boys, Gradi is banned for life from football activity Why is he banned ? Is it because he felt it was acceptable to put your hands down a young lads shorts ? Sheldon pointed out it was not and Gradi had to agree.

The on field problems that Port Vale face pale into insignificance when compared to young lads contemplating suicide and to drag Vales name into this discussion is shameful or any other clubs name not involved.

Stoke City have issued an apology the sound of silence from Crewe is deafening lets hope something is forthcoming and this cloud can be lifted.
    You say you prefer to read the Sheldon report, you have obviously not just a rag newspaper or you would no the truth. Dario is not banned as you say

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    If the opinions were how badly the club had dealt with *****philia case then I am quite sure they would have castigated the owners called for his/her resignation and demanded a full and proper internal enquiry, and when that enquiry found that the club did not do enough, I would hope, in fact I know they would express their disgust in no uncertain manner, something that is not happening with the Alex on here and the Alex facebook site.

You don't want to talk about whats gone on, well tough it's very much in the public domain, have you spoken to the BBC about the 3 part docu. out next week ?

You are confusing football loyalties regardless of who you follow with common decency.

As a frequent visitor to the Alex I'm ashamed and every time I sit in that magnificent stand with friends I can't help thinking of the poor lads who suffered at the hands of Bennell with Gradi turning a blind eye along with Norman Rowlinson and Hamilton Smith.

A little humility would go along way and for your information this story is of national importance can I recommend ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ths2

BBC1 Monday at 9pm Part 2 apparently should be of interest.
    Do you believe everything in the media?

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    When I later heard that one of the players involved, Stevie Walters, waving his anonymity and going public it really hit home ...
    This was a player I really rated, talked to other clubs fans about, and scored a 25 yarder past Dave Beasant away at Chelsea in the cup ...
    It all of a sudden became even more real. Here was a player who still performed on a Saturday afternoon in spite of everything that was going on ...
    I can't begin to imagine what he endured.
    It's strange that one of these players only aske DG a week before he spoke out asked if his lad could come and train in the academy

Just seen this. Vile. What's the spin from the users of this forum this time?

Crewe Alexandra yesterday appeared to take steps to suppress the reporting of an apology made by their manager David Artell to the victims of child ***ual abuse at their club. A Crewe official told The Times that the club had intervened yesterday because their directors were “uncomfortable with the ‘sorry’ thing”.
    https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/st...65312405872643
    Last edited by valefan0719; 20-03-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    You say you prefer to read the Sheldon report, you have obviously not just a rag newspaper or you would no the truth. Dario is not banned as you say
    Ok I'll bite I said I would leave it for now but Christ you have your head in the sand and in denial,and after reading the fall out of the DA zoom interview I am more disgusted than I thought I could be.

I will deal with your points in order.

1) Yes I tend to believe what an independent Sheldon QC has to report.

2) I dont understand the English of your second comment. Are you saying that the Sheldon report is done by a rag newspaper ? Very difficult to understand your grammar.

3) DG IS banned by the FA from all contacts with under 18's, ( DG's words not mine ) Read the report,.....why is that by the way ?
    Last edited by Terry Harkin; 20-03-2021 at 12:21 PM. Reason: sp.

Quote Originally Posted by valefan0719 View Post
    Just seen this. Vile. What's the spin from the users of this forum this time?

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/st...65312405872643
    No spin from me - really poor decision imo.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    No spin from me - really poor decision imo.
    Thank you for being one of the few to openly and appropriately engage with this stuff like an adult. Someone, supposedly a councillor for the town, was posting "Dario Gradi football genius" on social media yesterday in response to statements on the matter. It's incredible.

"it is likely...." Key words from the report. Not conclusive. I have made my thoughts very clear about the general subject but some Vile people cannot deal with the specifics.
    As I've said before "different times" WHICH DOES NOT EXCUSE ANYTHING!!

"Sheldon, however, highlighted a number of concerns regarding Gradi. Sheldon said in his 710-page report that, in an interview with Gradi, the 79-year-old did not understand that placing a hand down someone else’s trousers amounted to assault. Sheldon also noted that Gradi’s own habit of having young boys stay at his house “normalised” such inappropriate behaviour at Crewe and enabled Bennell to regularly have children stay at his own home."
    Absolutely nothing to defend against this point. H
    owever, the second idea that young people staying overnight at another person's house must automatically imply *****philia, is itself sick and puerile. Sheldon also believed that Gradi's evidence at Chelsea was not feasible displayed that judge's lack of understanding of the times events occurred in.
    Once again, for those thick of skull. *****philia is abhorrent and needs to be stamped out.
    No doubt someone will still come on and post that we're in denial. Why let FACTS get in the way of nasty jibes???

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast