+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dario

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Well there’s no reason for Dave to resign as he wasn’t at the club during any of the abuse that took place and can have no responsibility for it. As Bowler said in his resignation letter he is the last person in a position of power and influence at the time who was still at Gresty Road. I think that, if he didn’t resign immediately, then it was right to see the process through to the publication of the report - he would doubtless be accused of abrogating his responsibility should he have resigned over the past 4 years. Given his age I suspect he would have resigned when the club restructured following the buy out of Hassall’s shares last year were the abuse report not still in abeyance.

It is, however, entirely appropriate that he should now resign. As has been said elsewhere on this thread child protection regulations are now much more stringent across all walks of life, and rightly so. I have no doubt that our club, like all the others featured in the harrowing TV programmes of the past 3 days, have the requisite policies and procedures in place to ensure that this abuse never happens again - although nobody can be sure of course. This in no way excuses what has gone on before and I am sure there will be more ramifications to come but the club can now also concentrate on doing what it does best - helping young boys and girls achieve their aims in football.
    A well considered response unlike some on here, and I wholeheartedly agree with the comments. Unfortunately there are some who still want to continue to drag the club through the mud even though there is no one at the club who was here when Bennell was abusing those boys and that is probably right after the resignation of John Bowler. We may have lost a couple of supporters, but no doubt we will gain many more with the brand of football we are now playing under DA. I am positive about the future direction of the club and its safeguarding policies and no doubt Crewe Alexandra will continue nurturing the footballing skills of young boys and girls in a safe environment for many years to come and that is to be welcomed. I am still a loyal supporter of this club and and will continue to support this club.

Can we get on with 2021, now?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456