+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: England Squad for Euros

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Oops. Got the wrong Barnes. Thinking of Harvey Barnes who is out injured.
    I did wonder when I read the original post if you had temporarily lost leave of your senses or were just trying to wind Alf up 😂

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I did wonder when I read the original post if you had temporarily lost leave of your senses or were just trying to wind Alf up 😂
    All in all, considering injuries, to be fair to Southgate, its about as good a team as he can get.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    All in all, considering injuries, to be fair to Southgate, its about as good a team as he can get.
    He could have them all available, he will still play some dull negative style even with some of the most technically gifted and exciting players we've had in decades

Nothing against the line ups that have been suggested ( I would pick the majority of the same names), but does anyone else think there is a lack of genuine World class quality in the England squad at the moment.

I would only really put Kane in that bracket and maybe at times Sterling, otherwise I think it is just a squad of averege to good players?

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Nothing against the line ups that have been suggested ( I would pick the majority of the same names), but does anyone else think there is a lack of genuine World class quality in the England squad at the moment.

I would only really put Kane in that bracket and maybe at times Sterling, otherwise I think it is just a squad of averege to good players?
    Would add a few to the list too - Trent Arnold, Sancho, Vardy and a few who are capable of it - Grealish, Barnes, Stones, Mount, James, Pope, Henderson

Few who are just very good - Walker Rice Hudson Odi Rashford Mings Chilwell

A lot of them are very young so have time to further develop

Would add a few to the list too - Trent Arnold, Sancho, Vardy and a few who are capable of it - Grealish, Barnes, Stones, Mount, James, Pope, Henderson

Few who are just very good - Walker Rice Hudson Odi Rashford Mings Chilwell

A lot of them are very young so have time to further develop
    Clearly depends on what you regard as World class, I think all those players you reference are very good but don't quite fit the world class bracket especially compared to those that have gone before. 😁

Think Trent Arnold and Vardy are definitely there - the rest have potential to be but doesn’t mean they will get there.

If Grealsih concentrated on football and not diving he could be the best of all of them as he has so much talent

Nit so much about the squad, but as this what appears to be a "home" game (Engalnd at least being named first), why the f00k are we playing in an all-blue strip looking more like Italy, ffs?

I did wonder when I read the original post if you had temporarily lost leave of your senses or were just trying to wind Alf up 
    TBF..Ashley Barnes is no worse than some of Southgates selections.lol

Pope should be no 1 goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post

To our advantage I don't see many teams stacked with talent at the moment. I think it will just be a case of who has the best 'very good' players at the tournament and who picks players in form and not on name. Should be a good one, I'd fancy our chances but with Soutgate as manager it will be 3 centre backs, 2 full backs, 2 holding players and then Kane with some other poor pleb desperately trying to score.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)