+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: England Squad for Euros

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    To our advantage I don't see many teams stacked with talent at the moment. I think it will just be a case of who has the best 'very good' players at the tournament and who picks players in form and not on name. Should be a good one, I'd fancy our chances but with Soutgate as manager it will be 3 centre backs, 2 full backs, 2 holding players and then Kane with some other poor pleb desperately trying to score.
    Watched Italy v NI, OMG borefest. If the chaps in blue are supposed to be "on the up" then God help this competition. For al I think we should have kept BPF he was complete bollox for Italys second, and that fact that Italy actually GOT a second shows how pi55 poor NI were (sorry Dallas lad, but you should have opened to play for Scotland!)

To our advantage I don't see many teams stacked with talent at the moment. I think it will just be a case of who has the best 'very good' players at the tournament and who picks players in form and not on name. Should be a good one, I'd fancy our chances but with Soutgate as manager it will be 3 centre backs, 2 full backs, 2 holding players and then Kane with some other poor pleb desperately trying to score.
    Watched Italy v NI and caught bits of all the rest......I do hope no-one operating complex heavy machinery was doing the same or people could die, jesus keeeriiiisst what sh1te

I think the 3 lions should stick with their tried and true model.

Select a group of very highly paid, over the hill primidone's that are uncoachable and don't care if they win or lose. It helps if you get a coach that's more worried about upsetting the players than representing the country with pride. Mix in some boring tactics and poor long term strategic planning and you have the recipe for success that has made them such as dominant world power the last 50 years.

They were really good before TV came along and ruined it all for them.

Worries me how Southgate doesn't use Phillips properly, gives him two chaperones in midfield which he doesn't need and he looks a bit lost trying to figure out why people are right next to him all the time.

Leave Phillips to it and get a Grealish or Foden on instead of these donkeys.

Must say Ward-Prowse looked good, don't think he is good enough as he has no pace and isn't good enough creatively to be an attacking mid or defensively to be a defensive mid but technically he is a great player.

Worries me how Southgate doesn't use Phillips properly, gives him two chaperones in midfield which he doesn't need and he looks a bit lost trying to figure out why people are right next to him all the time.

Leave Phillips to it and get a Grealish or Foden on instead of these donkeys.

Must say Ward-Prowse looked good, don't think he is good enough as he has no pace and isn't good enough creatively to be an attacking mid or defensively to be a defensive mid but technically he is a great player.
    Mason Mount looked very good too

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Mason Mount looked very good too
    Mount and Ward-Prowse fall into same category for me of being good but not quite good enough going forward i.e lack of pace or skill and not good enough defensively to play a bit deeper. Great players but think they lack that edge we need that the likes of Foden or Grealish bring

Mount and Ward-Prowse fall into same category for me of being good but not quite good enough going forward i.e lack of pace or skill and not good enough defensively to play a bit deeper. Great players but think they lack that edge we need that the likes of Foden or Grealish bring
    England had Gerrard, Rooney, Beckham. Now its Grealish and Foden? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    England had Gerrard, Rooney, Beckham. Now its Grealish and Foden? Really?
    And now Southgate too.
    Takes Philips as least 2 games to get over the &hit that Southgate has installed in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    And now Southgate too.
    Takes Philips as least 2 games to get over the &hit that Southgate has installed in him.
    I think Southgate said he already knows his starting team for the Euros - morning like incentivising the new caps!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post

Pope should be no 1 goalie.
    Agree Alf, I always think that keepers in teams like Burnley are better as they have to be, They get a lot more practice than keepers in the top teams. Look at Ramsdale, Dean Henderson last season, Patrico at Wolves, McCarthy at Saints, Meslier at Leeds - keepers that have more to do each game tend to hone their skills to a better level - and have sharper reflexes - Just my opinion like

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)